God Damn it, Pha!

Ming called his family doctor. The doctor assessed Kit and said, "No food, alcohol and a bad sunburn. Made him appear feverish when he wasn't. Poor kid's severely dehydrated." He placed Kit on a IV fluid drip for 8 hours and covered him anti burn medication. 

Before the doctor left he told Ming that Kit would suffer no consequences from his misadventure, other that a bad headache and tenderness of the skin. His skin might peel in 3 to 5 days but that was to be expected. Ming thanked the doctor. 

Early the next morning, Ming called Forth, asking if it was possible to speak with Beam. Beam overheard and agreed. Beam was just as angry as Ming when he heard the state that Ming found Kit in last night.

"Ming, no, don't talk to Phana. I will." Beam said, "I will take care of it." He tapped the off button and handed the cellphone back to Forth. He went and hugged his man tightly. "Have I ever mentioned that I have idiots for best friends?"

Forth waited, knowing that this had to be good for Beam to fight back tears. He was not disappointed. "Are you positive you don't want me to beat the shit out of Phana? He's really doing a lot of stuff that needs it right now." He commented.

Forth sat down and gathered Beam tightly. "On the other hand, that junior is turning out to be a good match for Kit. I think he really cares for him."

Beam sighed, "I agree, but I'm not sure Kit does. He's got major problems. Forth, we need to get to school. Phana needs to be told about Kit."

Phana sat at the usual table, lightly tanned from the trip to the beach. He had breakfast in front of him and there were three cups of coffee. He was currently skimming over notes as he waited for his friends.

Beam walked up to the table, grabbed one cup of coffee, without saying anything and walked to the nearest bin and tossed it. He then sat down, picked up the last one and looked at Pha. 

Pha had watched this with amazement. "What the fuck, Beam? You know that was for Kit!"

"For a very smart man, Pha, you happen to be the stupidest man I know. You mean me trashing it didn't clue you in Kit isn't coming today?" Beam's voice dripped sarcasm. 

Pha stood, and gathered his books, and coffee. "Look, Beam, I'm not sure what pissed you off today, but Kit told me he'd be here today when I dropped him off last night." 

Beam moved to block him and put both his hands on Pha's chest. "I've always wondered if I could take you down, asshole. We used to take judo together - remember? But people look at my slight frame and think you're more dangerous. I never understood that. I'm the evil one, Phana."

Phana sighed and sat down. Beam really was an evil man. He wasn't going anywhere until Beam had his say. "Say it. Fuck Beam, what's pissed you off?"

"YOU!" Beam, screamed at the top of his lungs. "Did you plan on letting Kit kill himself yesterday? Or were you too miserable you didn't notice him trying to die?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Pha sputtered. "We had a great day at the beach. We talked... a lot."

"No food, no fucking sunscreen, and a shit ton of booze, Pha!" Beam was still screeching. "Kit's half your weight. He's pale, so he's not tanned, he's burned to a crisp. He's dehydrated, severely." The anger suddenly left Beam as tears stood in Phana's eyes. He really did love Kit as much as Beam. The three had been together for a very long time.

"Beam," Pha reached for his hand and then dropped his without touching him, "Beam I tried to get him to eat. He only would drink. I only drank juice so I thought that was what Kit was drinking too. I didn't realize. They had lots of sunscreen in the cabana. I asked Kit if he needed help for his back. He did my back."

He looked helplessly at Beam. "Why did Kit do this? I don't understand..." 

This is why it had to be Beam who talked to Phana. Beam knew Kit deliberately tried to kill himself using the merciless sun and heat on the beach yesterday. Maybe Pha would know why through what the two of them had talked about.

The boys went to class, lost in thoughts over Kit, when Pha suddenly asked who found Kit. Beam dropped into a seat, slouched and looked at him. "Ming. Did you know that Kit and Wayo's rooms are close?"

Pha nodded. "Ming found him collapsed in the stairwell because the elevator broke. He carried him to his room, called a doctor and has refused to leave him. He called Forth to find me, and he's looking for you, Pha." Beam started to laugh, "He's blaming you, that junior. He wants to beat you up."

Pha only sighed - again. "Beam, Kit told me he's dropping out of school. He's already contacted a local community college near his house. It has a great program - medical assistants, so what he learned here won't go to waste."

Beam nodded slowly, "I can understand. Kit always struggled and never really wanted to be a doctor. You did force him, Pha."

"I needed you guys." Phana said simply. "I am weak. I've always been able to know and accept my faults. His father has already agreed to the transfer if he takes some business courses so he can slowly transition into the family business."

Beam smiled, "How will Kit made it in exporting? He hated negotiating."

Pha nodded, "But he's good with numbers, so maybe with the books, who knows. He's just like a cat, he'll land on his feet."

"Pha, why is he actually running away from Ming? Did he tell you?" Beam inquired? "Is liking a younger man that scary?"

"Oh, I don't think that's it at all. It seems like Ming has the ability to steal Kit's identity - completely. That's what scares him the most. Ming is just too much, too strong, too powerful, too beautiful to be with a weak man like Kit. The more Ming chases him, the more Kit wants to hide and withdraw." Pha shook his head, thinking aloud now. "Did I ever make Wayo feel that way?"

The teacher called the class to order and the boys fell silent, lost in thought, taking notes by rote.