Grow up, Kit

Phana and Kit waited impatiently in the court for Beam to arrive. Kit was still showing signs of jealousy, and Phana was really getting pissed. "Look, you had years to make your move. Why'd you wait so long?"

Kit scowled at him. "How the fuck did I know he liked men when he was screwing all those girls?" he snapped back. He tucked his chin down and pouted, "I think I've got a complex now, Pha!"

Pha snorted and tapped his head. "What the Fuck?"

"Some freshie thinks I'm a girl and not only that, I'm cute!" he mumbled, not looking directly at him. He'd been bottling this up too long but the constant wooing from that damn Mingkwan was taking its toll.

Phana burst out laughing, deep belly laughs that turned heads, especially the girls. For over a year now, Phana the god of the Crazy Doc Gang had refused all dates, and hadn't asked anyone out. This made him even more desirable. He was so handsome, so tall and so polite that all the girls wanted to take him home... or to bed.

Kit hit him, hard. "This is not funny. Damn you!"

"Yes, oh god, yes it is." Pha gasped. "You'd have happily spread your legs for Beam, but you won't consider it for another boy? Isn't that a bit hypocritical?"

"Fuck you, Beam would be under ME, asshole." Kit huffed. "I'm not waiting with you!" He turned and stormed off.

Phana was still trying to control his giggles when Forth pulled up on the motorcycle. Beam hopped off, took the helmet and handed it to Forth. Forth leaned over and gave him a quick kiss, confirmed pick up time and with a squeal of the back tire, drove off.

Beam watched for a moment and then turned to Phana. "Wasn't Kit also joining us for breakfast?"

"Yeah, but I pissed him off when he asked for help with a problem," Pha replied with a giggle in his voice.

Beam raised an eyebrow in question? That wasn't like Phana. He took all problems quite seriously and Beam could hear the laughter. "What was so funny about his problem, huh?"

"I can't tell you, it's not my problem, but I know Kit won't tell you." The laughter broke out now. Pha, who had been laughing for a while grasped his side. He had a stitch, it hurt. "Oh, I think I needed that! He's cute, our little friend, eh Beam?"

"Yeah, he is..." Beam replied, wondering where this was going.

Pha looked at him and asked, "Can we talk about Kit for a minute? About why you never noticed him?"

Beam gave him a wry smile and nodded. "You'll laugh but it's really simple. He's not strong, Pha."

Phana looked at Beam, and sighed. "But we kissed..."

"We were 13, Pha! 13" Beam said softly. "Maybe I knew then that I was gay, but you knew what my home life was like. Both of us, we worked hard to ensure that Kit never knew. He always thought I was just an ignored rich kid."

Pha sighed and draped an arm around Beam's shoulders, pulling him closer so they could talk softer.

Beam gave a soft smile. "Kit would have been eaten alive by my parents. You barely survived after that kiss, Pha. Women were safe and if I never saw them again, then those people could never hurt them."

Phana stopped walking and pulled Beam to face him. "Forth has faced those demons?"

"No, he gave ME courage to face those demons. He stood up with me, never ran from me, took me home and is supporting me. Kit would have collapsed from the weight of the responsibility and you know it." Beam smiled and gave Phana a hug. "I have the right man for me, and Kit will understand. Do you?"

"I am beginning to, but if he hurts you, I'll kill him." Phana replied, turning and walking again.

"Love you too, Pha, love you too." Beam said, running slightly to catch up. "Now talk to me about Kit!"

Wayo had completed the first two days of classes and had yet to see his idol, Phana. His best friend, had already was bragging about how he was managing to stalk his current crush (who he was not disclosing, damn him).

"Are you sure you don't want my help, Yo?" Ming asked, sitting in the chair, resting his head on the back over crossed arms? "I'm very good at getting what I want."

Yo slammed the textbook closed and leaned back against the headboard and sighed. "I told you before, I am not wanting him anymore. I just want to look from afar."

"Sure, sure... that's why you're so unhappy right now." Ming said, laughing. I've known you for five years, little buddy, keep lying to yourself."

Yo picked up the lighter of the two textbooks beside him and threw it at his good friend who caught it easily. "Get out, Ming. I have work to do. You know I'm not smart like you!"

"That's fine," laughing, "I start SOTUS tomorrow. I won't see you for two weeks if the rumours are true." Ming stood, stretching his tall, lean frame. "It starts at 6 am and goes to 7 p.m. Whatever spare time I have will be spent on my crush." He gave a sexy wink and strode to the door.

"Ming?" Wayo called, "Good luck, I hear that SOTUS stuff is brutal."

With a wave, Ming opened the door and bumped into...

"You god-damn asshat, can't you watch where you're going?"

"Kit?" Ming looked down, and saw his prey, carefully stacking textbooks and papers that he must have in his arms. "Here, let me help." He bent down and gathered a few textbooks and held them in his arms.

Kit held out his already full hands and snapped, "Give them here, don't you think you've done enough?"

Ming snorted, "Oh no, you can't pin the fact you were not looking on me, KitKat. You walked into me, All I did was step into the hallway."

"Fine," Kit snapped back, "I'm sorry for running into you. Give me back my damn books. Now!"

"No,' Teased Ming. "I'll carry them for you. It's obvious you need the extra help. Lead the way." Ming waved his head to indicate which way.

Kit took several deep breaths and started down the hallway. He did need the help as he'd dropped the textbooks already a couple of times on the way up. It wasn't the first time he'd cursed Phana for convincing him he could be a doctor. But why did his saviour have to be Ming? Why did he feel like Ming was waiting for him?

Ming couldn't believe his stroke of luck... to find out this early in the hunt where Kit lived. He had figured that he would have to follow him home one night. How lucky was he that Kit and Yo lived on the same floor in the same dorm?

Ming decided to try actual conversation. "You really don't remember me, do you, Kit?"

"I've never met you before." Kit snapped back.

"Yes, you have," quietly, "You were a senior in High School, I believe. It was sports day."

"So?"

"So you stood out because they had divided us into teams by colour." Ming paused, as Kit stopped in front of his room, #3015. Dorm 8, Room 3015, Ming would never forget. He continued, "They were red, green, yellow and blue. We both were on team red. And you walked over and gave a bottle of water to a boy on the yellow team. I found out later it was Phana."

Kit walked in and dumped his load of books and turned around. He held out his hands for the load that Ming held. "So?"

"I wanted to know more about the traitor then, because I had a traitor bring me water too and got hell for it." Ming passed his books to Kit. "See you around, KitKat."

"I was being a good friend!" Kit yelled, "And stop calling me KitKat or I'll kick your ass!"

"No, you can try but you won't!" Ming smiled and waved as he jauntily walked away.