Meeting the Old Moons

The next morning, Ming walked into Yo's room and rolled him off his bed at 7 a.m.

"You dumbass!" He screamed as Wayo his the floor and started to curse. "I knew you'd sleep in. What did I say when I left last night?" With a swift kick to his bum, "Get moving and take a shower, we're going to be late."

Just then, Wayo's cellphone began to ring. Ming reached for it. "Yes, yes, no, I'm not Wayo, sir. Yes, I've got him out of bed and yes, sir. I will have him there shortly." He looked at Yo who was showering in the bathroom, and yelled, loudly, "I don't know who Giri is, but he is pissed at you. Apparently you were told to be there at 7 a.m., not 7:30."

"I'm almost done, Ming. Can you pull some clothes out for me? I didn't bring any." The two boys were so used to being together they didn't think anything of this, so Ming went and pulled out underwear, jeans and a T-shirt, throwing them on the bed. Ming hated socks, so he didn't bother with those.

"Don't do your hair. From what I understand, they're taking pictures today and have a full team of artists to do us up." Ming yelled at him. "Just run a brush through and let's go!"

"Fine, fine..." Yo came out with a towel wrapped around his waist and still inserting a contact. "I'm done." He dressed in the clothes Ming picked out and they walked out. He remembered to lock his dorm room.

Ming draped his arm around his shoulder and said, "I drove here. it'll be quicker than walking."

Upon arriving, Giri starting yelling at Wayo but stopped when he saw Ming. He pursed his lips, licking them like he saw a tasty treat and then, standing real close to Ming, asked, "Is Wayo your boyfriend?"

Ming laughed delighted and neither confirmed or denied it. He just slapped Yo on the ass and wished him good luck. Giri sighed and commented, "Another year that we won't win. Oh well, that boy has Moon of the Year written all over him, but Wayo, don't give up, because you are cute as hell. We are going for Most Popular Moon."

Wayo gave him an evil eye that Giri completely missed and muttered, "It's fine If I don't win anything at all!"

"Okay, let's get your pictures taken for the website so the voting can begin!" Giri's constant upbeat attitude was beginning to take it's toll on Wayo's head. He'd never had a headache so bad.

By lunchtime, all the moons and stars publicity photos had been taken. Ming and Wayo were drawing a huge crowd by eating together. "Ming, I hate being the centre of attention." Yo complained.

"You're not going to hide in the bathroom at lunch anymore, Yo." Ming stated calmly, eating his Gaeng Keow Wan (green curry). "It's not like you have spots and wear glasses anymore. No one is bullying you."

Giri and the other event host, a feminine man called Kak Ging (who I found out later was the Chairman), called out to all the participants that lunch would be over in 15 minutes. There was a flurry of activity and I saw a group of Seniors enter the room.

"Hey Ming?" I nudge him slightly. "Isn't that Forth?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah, didn't I tell you he was a moon last year?" Ming replied absently.

"No, no, you didn't. How lovely to have a friendly face among the seniors!" Yo smiled with relief.

"Forth? Friendly? You've got a screw loose there, my friend." he kidded back.

A large hand whacked the back of Ming's head! "Ow, What the fuck!" Ming stood, and turned to look. Meanwhile, Wayo is on the floor, laughing very hard and a group of new moons and stars are watching very curiously at the three good looking men 'play'?

"Respect your seniors, you little shit! 20 push ups, now! Remember, you're still in SOTUS, even if you're participating in the moon competition." Forth commanded, giving Wayo a sexy wink, when Ming couldn't see.

"Yes sir!" Ming snapped back, dropping to the floor, and giving 20 fingertip push ups.

Forth dropped easily to the floor next to Wayo and asked, "So how's things been? I was surprised to see you here in the competition."

"I'm surprised to be here myself." Yo replied. "I don't have a hope against Ming, but oh well, I'll do my best, I suppose."

Forth reached over and patted his knee kindly. "I'll help you the best I can. I doubt my thick headed junior needs any help at all." And with that he stretched out a foot and kicked Ming's foot out, causing him to hit the floor. "Do them properly, Asshat! You think I'm not paying attention??? Start again!"

"Goddamn it," Ming muttered. He got caught, he had indeed thought Forth wasn't paying attention and only did the first 5 push ups right. Fingertip push ups were harder that normal but not as difficult as chain push ups. He bet if there was several other guys here those were the ones Forth would have had him do.

"And don't curse, or I'll make it 50!" Forth warned. He didn't like being the hard ass but SOTUS was about team building and strengthening, you needed to trust your partner. Ming had to go through hell in order to learn this, just like every other engineer.

Ming finished the push ups just as Chairman Kak Ging called the second part of the day to order, beginning with introductions of the seniors moons. These moons would mentor the current moons during the tasks ahead, from producing the show, gathering votes and how to compote themselves around campus. They also discussed the risks now that they would be well known, so to speak.

Phana, Moon of the Year and Pring, Star of the Year, as well as Forth and several others were introduced and said a few words. Phana kept looking at Ming and Wayo as he talked. Forth as he gave his speech also nodded directly at Wayo and smiled. 

Wayo smiled back and Phana scowled heavily. It confused Yo, why should it upset the great Phana if he smiles at Forth and vice versa? Oh who cares? Hadn't he decided he would just appreciate being in the same place and being able to gaze at his love? It wasn't as if he had a hope of being with him... the rumours said Phana and Pring were a couple. 

Wayo noticed a hand waving from the balcony behind Forth and Phana. He peered up into the distance and poked Ming with his elbow, discreetly. "Ming," He whispered as quietly as he could, "Isn't that Beam and Kit?"

"Yes, you little shit. They've came with the Great Phana. I can't believe you just noticed them." he whispered back. "Are you sure you put your contacts in?"

"Asshat!" Yo hissed, not sure why his friend was mad.

"Pay attention, Yo, we might need to know this crap." Ming hissed, not looking at his friend.

Forth knocked Ming on the top of his head with his knuckles. "You're absolutely correct, young Mingkwan. You DO need to know this crap." He smiled, quite evilly at Ming. "See me after the meeting lets out."

"This is your fault." Ming said sourly to Wayo. "All your fault."