PEP TALKS

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
CHAPTER 19
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

" We have 75 hours worth of fuel" Gemma says looking at the monitors.

"And if we fly manually. We can clear the coordinates already entered. But we can't re enter coordinates" I say

"There's a few books in the control room." Sharon says slamming them in front of me.

"You've got 75 hours" ward says.

"Yeah yeah" I say "we already got that cleared."

"We should begin" Gemma says along with fitzs.

"Simmons. I believe this is fitzs and mags speciality. We can lay low" Ward says.

I sense awkward silence I break it by hooking my arm onto fitz. "We'll get going"

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

I drag him to a table and make him read how to maneuver the plan safely. While I'm reading how to control the animal.

"Is it true Agent 13 is in a relationship with captain America?" Fitz says interrupting.

"Yea their dating" I say not looking at him.

"Do you like him?" He asks.

"No i don't. Not in that way" I say. I take a look at his features. He looks like he can relate but not to me.

"You like Her" I say smirking. He becomes flustered.

"She's my..." I cut him off. "Best friend"

"Yes" he says clearing his throat.

"I think you'd be a good couple" I say. "I probably shouldn't tell you this but I'm doing it."

"My friend you know..." he nods understanding my innuendo.

"He's liked me since he's met me. I can't picture myself with him. It makes my skin crawl" I say.

"Does Sharon know" fitz asks.

"He hasn't even told me. No Sharon doesn't know" I say In a duh tone.

"Opposite sides of the spectrum" he says chuckling.

"If it makes you feel better. She was upset. I came over with you" I say going back to studying.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Hey Sharon" I say  after opening my door of the tiny room. It's nap time and I finally input the plane on manual. But I'm heading straight course.

"Hey, can I talk to you about something?" She asks. "I just...from movies... I heard about girl talk and I need advice and to get things off my chest"

"You're my best friend now and I feel like I can confine with you. I only confine in my aunt Peggy" she says rambling on.

"You're killing my brain cells by the minute. Get on with it blondy" I say smiling. She sits down next to me on the bed.

"It's about Steve" she says. "He's always being distant."

I stay silent listening to her. "He hasn't even kissed me. We've been together for 4 months."

"He only holds my hand. Even hugs are super hard for him" she says softly.

"I don't know if it's ptsd or me but it's hurting my feelings" she says sadly.

"Listen shar you're an amazing girl. And I'm sure it isn't you." I say comforting. "It's probably just him struggling with PTSD"

"You know...last time he lost the love of his life. He's just scared" I say

"I know but it feels like I'm in someone's shadow" she sighs.
"I don't think it's It's aunt Peggy. I think he might like someone else or doesn't like me."

"He's an idiot for not looking at all this" I say motioning to her.

She pulls me into a hug. "We're still off the radar?"

"Yeah call it bonding time before we die" I say sarcastically.

"So you and ward?" She asks pulling away and now changing the subject.

"Oh Ward...his names Grant you know?" I say smiling. "He helped bandage up"

"He doesn't act like that around anyone" she says. "But I don't know I have a weird feeling around him"

"Probably your Sharon senses" I say making binoculars.

"Right I'll see you tomorrow morning. Don't die" she says strictly.

"Aren't you the agent?" I retort.

"Yes but you're the definition of chaos" she says closing the door.

I snuggle back into the covers. And let sleep engulf me.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"It's been 48 hours" fitz says. "With further analysis"

"Our best option is to allow the fuel to burn until we're on nothing but air dynamics" he says he pauses looking at me.

"That will lessen the likely hood of an explosion. However, the flying part we'd essentially be piloting a car on neutral" I say.

"Harder landing" Grant says.

"Exactly. But the chances of us coming alive on this are extremely higher then with the fuel option" I say fitzs nods in approval.

"What would happen if we decided to land today?" Sharon asks.

"Well...fitz" I say looking at him.

"Since we have no experience and some information" he starts.

"It would mean that we could possibly Risk impacting the fuel engine" he says. "Combine that with the metal Ann's kinetic energy. Sparks"

I make and explosion effect. "Cooked chickens"

"What's the chances of us surviving?" Sharon asks.

"Well hypothetically if all goes well we'd go home in a .2% chance and extreme burns that will likely cause amputation" I say smiling like that dog.

"And the fuel option will bump us to a 34.02% chance of survival" I say clearly that number is still low.

"I guess we have a day of rest before dooms day" Gemma says.

"I'll be looking out the window" I say going back to wear the windows are.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺