Chapter 23

Gabby's POV

💌

Four months. For four months I didn't see her face at all. I knew we were on a good terms right now since we communicated more intense and she seemed okay with whatever it was between us even though we didn't get back together. I didn't mind to wait for her, I was now ready to settle down with one person so if she was the right person after all this time, then I was sure she'd come back to me.

I sent her a good morning text like I always did for the past four months. I knew it was silly but it was better than I did nothing to her. I sent an attachment, it was me laying on my bed, just waking up and my hair was messy but still kept smiling for her.

She didn't reply me for hours, then I got a reply at noon. She said good morning too, sending me a picture of papers on her desk. I laughed, she was a boss after all. I was now sitting on a chair in my office, didn't have a clue of what to do because my mind occupied with Jordan.

I knew what I had done in the past was the worst thing I had ever did. It was stupid and now I paid the price. I didn't want to lose her again, oh god. It had been almost eleven years and we just made up for a second but it turned out like this.

Why was I so stupid? Why did I not wait for her to explain? Why did I choose to hurt her when she did nothing?

I banged my head on the table, then I felt my phone vibrated. It was a message from Jordan and it made my day.

10.47 AM Jordan Miller
I miss you.

10.48 AM Gabrielle Rodriguez
I miss you more. I wish you were here.

Jordan didn't reply anymore so I chose to work because I had two people to feed, myself and my daughter. Then when the day ended, I went home to take some rest. Allie was in the living room, the TV was on and she was studying something.

I kissed the top of her head, greeting her and then I headed to the kitchen to grab some water. I knew it was exhausting when you no longer young anymore but my guts told me that it was worth the wait. I had no idea why I had this strong feelings towards her like we were meant to be together. It was hard, but I didn't want to stop.

Call me stupid because I kept waiting for her. But our love was something you could never imagine. And of course, life messed me up again. I fucked up. I just wished she'd forgive me.

"I miss her, Mom." Allie said all of sudden.

"Me too, baby. Me too." I hugged her. "I'm sorry I did this to you too. I didn't know that it hurts you too, baby. I'm sorry."

Allie shook her head. "It's okay, Mom. Real love is never easy, right? If it's easy, then there's no mistake and there will be no lesson to take."

I smiled. "Thank you, baby."

"Go get some rest, okay? I don't want you to get sick. You work too hard lately, Mom." Allie kissed my cheek, I chuckled.

Then I left her to freshen up myself. I stayed in the bathroom for almost an hour before I went to bed, reminiscing the old times, what I had been through, what I had done and what I got. The answer was only about Jordan and Allie. They were the sources of my happiness and I'd do anything to keep them both safe in my arms.