Chapter 10

Gabby's POV

💌

I kept the album on the drawer beside my bed. I saw it every night before I went to sleep and to be honest it made me feel like I was young again. Young and naive, wild and so in love with the same person who gave my daughter her best childhood memories even though I ripped her heart out because I had something to deal with Jordan and now Allison had to pay the price.

I didn't know which one was cruel the most, shut Jordan out all of sudden or torturing Allison because she loved Jordan still until now even though it had been ten years. I was so amazed by Allison's memories because she was only a kid but her memories was strong. I knew she was a smart kid but I didn't know she was this smart.

I sighed, looking at the ceiling of my room. Day sixty of living with my daughter in this town, and it had been a month since Allie met Jordan again back in our town and I found myself still doing that thing, looking at the album before I went to bed and actually it helped me to sleep. It helped me to relax my mind by thinking the good time I had with them.

Damn, I didn't even think about the good times I had with Thomas though.

Well, maybe the happiness when I was with Jordan wasn't comparable and I still cursed myself why I started to think about what had happened ten years ago all of sudden.

I needed to let it go. I really needed to move on. She was married. I was single and I needed to settle down with one person. I was no longer young and Allison was a teenager and I needed help someone to raise Allison, to protect Allison and to teach her what adult was about.

It wasn't because I wasn't capable of doing that on my own, but I needed a partner too. To rely on, to share and to love each other unconditionally when life started to give me another shit like it always did. And it wasn't easy because I, once again, let my heart broken.

My eyes began to close slowly before I realized I had fallen asleep with the thought of someone that I used to love. It wasn't Steven. It wasn't Thomas.

Yeah, you know it very well, it was Jordan.

*

"Eggs, flour, milk, bread." I mumbled, looking at the cart and made sure I already placed all the stuff I needed to buy.

I pushed my cart carelessly and it crashed into someone's. I looked up to see an older woman who just shook her head when she saw me being clumsy.

"I'm so sorry." I said. "I didn't mean to hit your cart. Are you okay? Is your body hurt? I know I pushed it too hard. Once again, I'm sorry."

"You weren't this clumsy back there." The older woman smiled and I furrowed my brows.

Did I know her? She, somewhat, looked familiar but I had no idea who it was.

"I-I am sorry. Do I know you? I can't remember who you are." I said.

She raised her brows. "Darling, I am the older one here, yet you didn't remember me. Oh! I know, it's been ten years and we met once so it's okay if you didn't remember me."

Seriously, who was this woman?

"Uh, sorry. I didn't mean to forget you but I have no idea if we have met before let alone ten years ago."

"Does Miller ring a bell for you?" She smiled.

I pushed my cart to the side and she imitated me since we stood in the middle of an aisle. I tried so hard to remember her then my eyes bulged open and she was laughing her ass off. Old woman!

"Oh. My. God. Logan Miller?!" I exclaimed. I was sure she was Logan because she had blonde hair, and her wife Alex was a brunette. Now I realized why she looked so familiar. She just looked like Jordan.