Chapter 15

Jordan's POV

🍀

I sighed loudly inside my car. I still had thirty minutes before the dinner began. I was too obsessed about the invitation and here I was, too early to begin with everything. I looked at Gabby's house and my watch back and forth, decided to just wait in here for fifteen minutes then I would knock at their door.

I didn't know why I was nervous, maybe because everything about Gabby made me nervous all of sudden. Just looking at her eyes was enough to make my knee weakened. Her aura captivating me every second even though I knew she had a grudge towards me because, well, I broke her heart ten years ago and she didn't seem to forgive me sooner.

With one last loud huff, I climbed out of my car and walked slowly towards the front door. I knocked three times and I heard someone was approaching the door. I hoped it was Allie.

"Jordan." Her voice.

I saw her face, still beautiful as always and it made me smile unconsciously. Then when she stepped aside, I realized my stupidity. She didn't smile back at me, instead her face looked so stern everytime she looked at me.

"Come on in." She said uninterestingly.

I kept smiling and walked inside her house. I could smell my favorite cuisine from the kitchen. Allie really made it. I was so proud of her though, she cooked a legacy recipe from my mom and she nailed it. I didn't know she was so talented at cooking.

"Jordan!" Allie grinned from ear to ear.

"Hey, princess." I smiled and kissed her head.

I could sense Gabby's presence. I forgot that I brought something. I gave a bottle of wine for Gabby. She looked at the gift suspiciously, I smiled, then she raised her brows in mocking way.

"Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon." Gabby read the wine out loud, shaking her head in amazement. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Huh?" I raised my brows.

"It costs almost six thousand dollars just for a bottle, Jordan." Gabby rolled her eyes.

"And?"

Gabby groaned. "Rich people." I heard she mumbled.

"Okay, guys." Allie interjected us. "The food is ready and please sit down, I will serve both of you."

I smiled at Allie's behavior, Gabby sat across from me. Allie served us chicken parmesan and it looked so good. She was a teenager yet her creation was like a pro.

"Bon appétit." Allie beamed.

"Guten Appetit." I replied, smiling.

"Guys, it's Italian cuisine." Gabby rolled her eyes. "Itadakimasu!"

Allie and I burst out laughing, Gabby following after. And to be honest, it felt so great. I felt like it was my family. Just the three of us like we used to be. Ten years ago we sat together like this just with a pizza and it was enough to make us happy.

Even though it seemed a little bit weird now, I felt like I was at home. They were my home. This was my home, being with them. I hoped everything went smoothly for me to win Gabby back before it was too late again.

*

Allie fell asleep when we watched a movie together after the dinner, her position was like the usual when she was with me and Gabby. Her head was on my thigh and her legs was on her mother's thigh. I felt like she was a five years old kid again, I caressed her head, she scrunched her nose like she always did when she was sleeping.

I looked at the clock, it was 10pm and I had to go home because I had work tomorrow. Both Gabby and I weren't speaking since Allie fell asleep, we let the TV played by itself. I saw Gabby shifted her position, her thigh must be numb because I felt mine was too.

"I have to go." I whispered, careful if I woke Allie up.

Gabby turned her head to see me. "Yeah, I'll walk you out." She whispered back.

"Good night, princess." I kissed Allie's forehead and caressed her cheek one more time before I stood up cautiously.

I caught a glimpse of Gabby staring at me, then I smiled to her and I swore she slightly smiled back at me and it was enough to make my day.

I grabbed my coat and my keys, Gabby opened the door for me and she stood at her porch after the both of us was outside. She rubbed the back of her neck, I smiled while I readjusted my coat.

"Thank you for the dinner. It was lovely." I said.

"I'll tell Allie. It was her idea after all." Even though she said it expressionless, I could feel there was no venom in her voice and I was glad because of that.

"Still, you allowed me to come inside." I responded.

"If I didn't, Allie would be mad at me." Gabby said nonchalantly.

I took a step forward towards her. "Why did you have to make this so hard, Gab?" I whispered, looking down at her.

She looked away even though she didn't make an eye contact with me. "You hurt me, Jordan."

I sighed. "You did feel something when I was around, didn't you?"

Gabby still avoided the eye contact I tried to make. "Yeah, anger."

"Bullshit." I scoffed.

She folded her arms over her chest, looking at me deadly in the eyes. "What if I don't?"

"I call it bullshit." I took another step forward. "I know you still want me as bad as I want you back, Gab."

She snorted sarcastically. "Like hell I do."

I smiled sadly. "I know you, Gab."

"Like hell you do." Gabby mocked. "It's been ten years, Jordan. We're not young anymore. We have our own life now."

"You said ten years ago that 'I will find the answer on my own and in order to find ourselves, we have to walk in different path' and guess what? The path leads us to find each other again." I argued, Gabby rolled her eyes.

"Maybe it is for our closure, Jordan." Gabby responded. "We meet again to end the things we left just like that ten years ago."

"You really want to end it all what we had in the past?" I asked her.

She avoided my gaze. "Y-yeah."

I nodded defeatedly. "Alright, then."

"Alright." Gabby imitated me.

"Good night, Gabrielle." I said one last time.

Gabby didn't respond me for at least twenty seconds. "Yeah. Good night, Jordan."

I tilted my head down to find her lips, she parted hers and I was a little bit surprised knowing her welcoming my lips. Instead of kissing her lips which I knew I would never be over her and it was hard for me not to kiss her all over her face like I used to do, I kissed her cheek and I heard she groaned whether it was because of disappointment or frustration.

She opened her eyes and I could see something in her eyes and I was afraid if what I had been thinking of was true. I took a step backward, looking into her eyes deeply and hoping she understood what I felt.

But it seemed like she didn't.

I sighed in defeat, maybe she really didn't want to be with me.

I left her house. She was standing there on the porch of her house, looking at my direction when I turned on the ignition. I looked at her one last time before I drove away from her.

Even from her life.