Chapter 9

Allison's POV

💬

The dinner went well. Well, not completely well since Laura, Jordan's wife, didn't come to join the dinner and it pissed Jordan off, I could see that on her face. But the other family member were okay with that.

I was in the living room, with Becca and Jordan while the other family member decided to go home. I talked to Logan and Alex, Jordan's moms, even though I had no idea who they were but somehow they felt familiar and they understood that my childhood memories were awful because I had been through a lot.

Jordan seemed so quiet, but I knew she was still mad at her wife. Yes, Laura wasn't home by the time the dinner ended. Becca and I were sitting awkwardly because Jordan let a loud huff and both of us didn't know what to do. We were teenagers, though.

"You okay, Aunt?" Becca asked Jordan.

Jordan forced a smile and she tried her best to smile at me but I knew it failed. "I'm fine. You guys okay if I go downstairs? Just wanted to check up on something from the coffee shop."

"Sure." Becca and I said in unison.

Once Jordan was out of our sight, we left a relieve sigh. The air was back to normal one because when Jordan was here, I almost choked on the awkwardness. I never saw Jordan looked so pissed before.

"Whoa, that was so tense." Becca laughed awkwardly. "I never saw her so mad before. My aunt never gets pissed off though, she is the most patience person I've ever met. Maybe her wife gets her nerves."

"Yeah, maybe." I shrugged.

Another thing was, I met Becca's parents officially. They seemed nice and I already liked them. But there was a small obstacle, Maddison, Becca's little sister. She looked like she was about to rip everyone's head out when we had dinner though. And maybe it was her personality, mysterious, cold and expressionless.

I met Becca's grandparents, Lewis Hadwick and Brianna Hadwick and I didn't need to ask where Becca had those perfect blue eyes came from. Her cousins were nice, everyone was nice but Maddy. I didn't know how to describe her. She was the only one who didn't talk to me at all throughout the dinner.

Becca's family asked me a bunch of questions and I replied them happily. I wasn't shy when I was around them and I was glad that I didn't stutter when I explained about my family's situation which I told them that I lived with my mom only since she divorced my dad long time ago because of something I didn't want to tell them, they understood and respected my privacy, only Jordan who knew what happened back there but she didn't tell anything and I was grateful because of that.

It was 11pm, both Becca and I decided to call it a night. We said our goodnights to Jordan and she wished us sweet dreams but I could see she was still mad and it was unbearable. I just hoped she and her wife were okay about whatever they wanted to talk about.

"Isn't it awkward?" Becca asked once I laid down to the bed.

"About what?" I asked her.

"We're in the same room, the same bed, laying next to each other." Becca responded. "Would it be more awkward tomorrow when we wake up?"

I smiled. "I hope it won't."

I could see Becca was smiling. "Good night, then."

"Good night, Becca." I replied and drifted to sleep.

Around 4am in the morning I woke up all of sudden. I didn't know why but it felt natural. But wait, I never woke up at four in the morning in my house though. Why did I suddenly awake?