"Well, for all it's worth... I don't think you need to have one of those talks with Link. He's persistent, believe me." I laugh, and my father smiles right back at me, brushing some hair out of my face as he just studies me for a moment. I know how much he wants me to be happy, it's all my parents ever wanted.

"I kind of want to, though... It sounds like fun." He grins, and before I can even say anything to that we hear the doorbell ring, the sound instantly sending another smile to my face. It must be Lincoln, everyone else is already here.

Dad dashes for the door, and I quickly sprint behind him, pulling at his shirt, "Dad! Let me open it!"

But he just shrugs, the amusement on his face washing away like it always does when he gets into business mode, and I can't even suppress the eye-roll now when he opens the door. My boyfriend stands there, looking handsome as ever when he regards both my dad and me with wide eyes. I sigh, knowing I can't do much now, but after a few seconds Lincoln actually shoots me a wink before he addresses my father, "Noah. Good to see you again."

"Lincoln. Please, come in." Dad shakes Link's hand, and I really hope he will be able to operate tomorrow, the way the muscles twitch on Dad's bicep tells me he was not going easy on his fingers.

"Thank you." He steps inside, passing my father with a smile until he stands right in front of me, that disarming smile right back on his lips when he searches my gaze. The fire is blazing in his eyes when he places his palm on my cheek, pressing a quick kiss on the other as he whispers, "Hey, sola."

I swallow as he leans back, his hand moving from my cheek to my arm, interlacing our fingers the second he finds them. "Hi."

It's still hard to understand how much this man blows my mind sometimes. I watched how he was all those years ago, before he even knew I existed. And I know that version of him is not even the one I want or prefer, because I love him for who he is now. But seeing him slowly find himself again, finding his confidence and self-worth, is mesmerizing. In the weeks since we reunited alone, he managed to make me speechless more than I have ever been in my life, honestly.

"Well, let's introduce you to the rest of the family, shall we?" Dad chimes in, raising an eyebrow as he passes us and walks into the living room. Glad that he decided against that famous father-boyfriend talk, I take a second to just look at Link, preparing myself and him for the evening that's about to come. He suddenly jerks me into his arms though, and a split second later his lips find my own, chasing them down like a predator its prey. "I missed you..." he whispers while pulling back, and I smile as I place his hand on my cheek, feeling his warm fingers on my skin brings me home in a matter of seconds.

"You were gone for like an hour..."

"Exactly my point." He grins, pulling me in for another kiss, but we don't get to execute it, the sound of someone clearing their throat behind us makes both of us lean back.

"Sis, I swear, this is just weird."

I recognize Finn's voice and can't help but sigh when I turn around, facing him with narrowed eyes. "Don't look, then."

"It's like an accident. I can't not look."

Lincoln laughs at my brother's words, and I immediately join in, playfully kicking Finn's butt. "I swear, I hate you."

"You love me. Now come inside before the trio explodes with curiosity in there..." He nods into the living room, and I know he's right. I'm not even nervous, I want Lincoln to meet all of my brothers, want him to be a part of my family.

Because that's what he is, he's family.

"Well, let's go then." I pull Link behind me as we steer for the living room, giving his hand another squeeze as we step through the doorway.