Chapter 7 - Defence

Storm's POV:

"This.. Is all your fault.. TALIA!" Everyone around suddenly becomes quiet. They start to listen. They can hear me. Silver, ice-cold smoke is flaring off me, cooling everyone down. I am horrified. Distraught. The one person I care about most has dived completely into anxiety so much so that it becomes nearly impossible to pull her back out. No wonder why my powers are acting up, no wonder I'm losing control. "How could you do this to her?! What the hell has she EVER done to you?! You all treat me like the king of this school yet you won't even be nice to the kindest person around?! MY GIRL?!"

I'm not even paying real attention to my words. My demon side and human side are morphing into one, slowly, while my demon form is being revealed. I never remember anything from these situations where my demon takes over, mainly because of its power and the amount of control it has over me. This is why I take Control of Forms class. Talia made me miss my most recent one. Talia is the one causing Nashi to suffer. Talia is involved with every goddamn thing when it comes to her.

"Do you even understand the damage you have all caused right now?! The sorrow she feels?! The torture she goes through every single god damn day?! NONE OF YOU EVEN CARE!" The more magic is being released, the more I lose consciousness. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. As I start to black out, I become more and more concerned about Nashi. She has never seen this side of me. No one has, except a small handful of people from dad's guild. I just hope she will be okay.. Crap.. I've nearly lost all consciousness.. I'm.. Fading.. Again..

Nashi's POV:

"MY GIRL?!"..

What..? What does he mean by that..? Wait.. S..Storm..?

I look up from the table, his words breaking me out of the spell I cast upon myself. I see him, slowly change into something I have never seen before. A demon? His right side white, his left side black, with black triangle markings on the white and white triangle markings on the black. Horns, growing from his forehead. Reaching past his own height. He maintains the shape of a human, but his demon has already begun to take over. The cold air blasting behind him doesn't faze me, thanks to my own demon.

"STORM!" I call to him as loud as I can, trying to push back against the extraordinary wind coming from him. I can already tell he isn't in control anymore, but I'll try anyway. As soon as I reach him, I wrap my arms around his waist, pulling him close to my own body. I hug tightly, to let him know I'm here. "It's okay, Storm.. I'm right here.. Your demon doesn't need to make an appearance right now! Save his strength for a real emergency! I promise I'm okay so please come back!" I'm stiff. I don't move from his back. I feel the wind calming down, his rage going back into it's cage. His body temperature is getting warmer, meaning he is coming back to me. The marks are gone, his skin slowly turning back to the pale color it was before.

Once he is back to normal, his body collapses on the ground, he is can't even move. I pull him into a hug, knowing he can't do the same. But I don't care. Even if he didn't mean it, I really am his girl. No one else has had my interest for 7 years. Since the day we met. Our 10th birthday surprise sleepover. I remember how he ran to clean his room, how he gave me his controller, not his spare, I remember falling asleep on him and he just let me stay there. Ever since, he has been the kindest, most loving person to me in the world, whether it was on purpose or not. "I really do love you Storm.." I said quietly. Thankfully, no one heard me. Not even him. I hope..

I carry him to the nurse's office with the help of my older brother, Nash, and we explain what happened to him. The fact he lost control due to a fit of rage. We were told to leave him there and we would get updates when they came in. I got Warren from the guild to give me a telepathic link to my dad, and I told him what happened. Truth is, my parents don't know about the suffering I go through. I haven't told them anything. I guess now's the time to open up..

Nashi and Storm's POV:

I guess he doesn't know. I guess she doesn't know. That I love him. That I love her. All this time I have denied it, I should have been more accepting of it. I'm gonna tell him when he wakes up. I'll tell her when I'm ready.

I won't deny how I feel anymore.