23

We finally arrive at the large building known as the dispatch center. William speaks to someone at a desk, then ushers Ronald off. The man mouths 'good luck' to me before he leaves. William then asks me to follow him, and I do so.

"We've been expecting you. Thankfully you're just on time. We really don't appreciate people being late. Especially when they're new," he said. Before long, we arrive at a room, and he gestures for me to go in.

I sit in the room alone for about ten minutes before a man with dark brown, gelled back hair and a woman with black hair pulled back tightly into a bun walk in. They look like they mean business. They sit across the desk from me in the two chairs. I smile kindly at them, but they both ignore it and look down at the papers in their hands.

"McKenzie Rose Brunswick, correct?" the man asks.

"Yes, sir," I say, trying to sound proper. Something like that.

"Seventeen years of age?" the woman then asks.

"That is correct, ma'am." Both are holding papers, and they only look up at me very quickly when I ask a question, then look back down.

"July 31st, 1873 is the date of your birth, yes?" the man asks.

"Both of your birth parents are unknown?" the woman then clarifies.

"Yes, ma'am," I say. Thankfully they weren't asking questions they had the answer to and making me tell them anyway. I was glad they were basically just clarifying things with me. I hadn't written any of these things down. Adrien had. Sure, I told him my birth date and my middle name and such, but with my parents and whatever else these people asked, I didn't know. I didn't know Adrien already sent in the paperwork for me. So now all I had to do was agree with what they were saying. And even though I was born in 1998, I still had to go along with 1873 because 1998 hadn't happened yet.

And that is how the 'interview' carries on. The man and woman asking questions, and for me just to clarify them.

====UNDERTAKER====

My mind is set on Mikki all day long as I work and do everything else. I'm very busy while she's gone because I had been neglecting some of my 'clients' whilst taking care of Mikki and making sure she was safe and everything.

I was surprised on my ability to actually catch up on everything today, though. Especially since my mind wasn't in the correct place. Now that I am caught up, I take a few breaks occasionally. During one of them, I get a bit hungry, and go into the kitchen in search of food.

I walk to the cabinet that I had cleared out for Mikki to put most of her baking things in, such as flour, sugar, chocolate, measuring cups, oils, and so on and so forth. I look over everything inside and pull most of the things out, scattering them across the counter. I heat up the oven and get to work on some food.

I haven't done much baking in my lifetime, and I really can't recall the last time I did. However, this looks nice enough, and I put it in the oven, then lick the utensils clean, satisfying my light hunger. I then clean everything up and put the items away before once again getting back to work.

After a while, the parlor begins to smell rather nice and I go to take what I made out of the oven, letting it cool a bit before putting it up on somewhat high shelf to keep Mikki from seeing it (I'm sorry, Mikki, I love you, but it's a little to0 easy to make fun of your height...). I then check the time and realize that Mikki should be getting back soon. I sure hope she remembered where she was when she first went to the reaper world...

I clean myself up and rush out to the shed to the door. I open it just in time to see Mikki walking in the distance with a blonde haired reaper. They're laughing and smiling and... walking rather close to one another. The man (whom I recognize as Ronald Knox from the dispatch center) soon waves his goodbye and turns and walks away. I send a little glare his way.

I then look at Mikki. She's smiling wider than ever and suddenly starts running to where I am. She jumps through the doorway and onto me, wrapping her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist, clinging tightly onto me. I laugh and spin around, holding her close, and close the door with my foot.

She remains holding onto me as I carry her into the parlor. Her head is tucked into the crevice of my neck and shoulder, and I feel her breath from her nose on my neck, and I head straight for my room.

"I missed you so much," Mikki whispers after we enter my room. I smile and kiss her jaw, as it is the closest thing to my lips at that moment. She then pulls her head back and looks me in the eyes. "I didn't go all day without you and get accepted into the academy just for a tiny little kiss like that," she says, trying to fake a pout, but I can see the smile fighting its way onto her lips.

Wait. What?

Accepted?! Mikki got accepted?!

I'm filled with absolute joy and find myself kissing her deeply. Our tongues are mingling, and before I know it, her own is roaming the inside of my mouth. Things were getting rather heated rather quickly, and I push her against a nearby wall to support her. I pull away, a thin string of saliva connecting our lips, and begin kissing down her neck and collarbone, kissing and slightly sucking on spots that I find are sensitive to her. Mikki's small fingers are running through my hair, and her legs tighten around my waist, letting me know that she is enjoying this as much as I am. And let me tell you, I am really enjoying this.

Then there's a flash of blonde and black behind my closed eyelids, and suddenly something hits me in my mind. This woman is mine and I will let her know that, even if I can't let that Ronald guy know it right now.

I get a little more forceful on her neck before moving my lips back to hers. My tongue forces its way into her mmouth and my hands tighten on her waist where they lay. I then feel Mikki's hands on my chest.

Trying to push me away.

I pull back just a little.

"What has gotten into you all of the sudden? Adrien, stop! Ow! Your nails are digging into my ski- ow, stop!" Mikki then yells. I loosen my grip and put her on her feet. Then, I suddenly slam my fist into the concrete wall. I hear Mikki gasp. I don't know why, but that Ronald guy has very suddenly gotten under my skin.

I place my forehead on the wall, trying to get my breathing back to normal. "I-I'm sorry..." I say under my breath. I can't look at Mikki. I just can't bring myself to do it. I hurt her. Physically, at that.

"Adrien..." I hear a quiet, soft, and sweet voice say.

((A/N: There's 23! Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote if you liked it and more importantly give me your feedback! I love hearing from you guys! It always inspires me to write more! See you all next time!))