15

====MCKENZIE====

When Adrien showed me his eyes last night, I saw a face of youth. I mean, I never really liked to think of the Undertaker as an old man, but... This was far younger than I thought he was! And in all honesty, he is just.. beautiful. I also saw the extent of his scar, where it stretched from under the right side of his jaw, up across the bridge of his nose, though his eye (when he blinked, I saw the mark on his eyelid), and up to his left temple. I was tempted to trace its path with my finger, but refrained from doing so. Even so, I could really only stare into his beautiful eyes. Adrien's eyes glow more of a neon green than what the other reaper eyes do, and I would probably have to ask him why that is.

For now, I just smiled when Adrien took my place for the dishes, and I kiss his cheek as a thanks. I skip out of the kitchen and soon find myself in the bathroom, and I look at myself in the mirror. The wig looks practically natural on me. I run the single strand of braid through my fingers, then walk out of the bathroom.

Next I find myself in Adrien's bedroom. Memories of last night flood into my mind. I can't believe I had actually gathered up the courage to kiss him. I glance over at the wall Adrien held me up against last night as he kissed me and rubbed my leg.... I felt my face erupt in heat.

I'm soon brought out of my memories by a nearby crash. I don't move. I can't move. I feel my eyes widen and my mouth is ajar. There's then another crash, but it's more distant, and before long, Adrien comes racing into the room. I glance over in his direction, just in time to see his eyes narrow sharply. He then runs to me, and I look down at my left hand and see blood dripping from it.

Adrien gently grabs my left arm and there, just above my elbow on my arm, there is blood gushing out of me. He turns around and looks at the wall. There, not very far into the wall, is a shining bullet.

====UNDERTAKER====

I was just finishing up with the dishes, when I hear what sounds like shattered glass coming from my room.

Mikki.

I drop the plate I was currently cleaning, not caring that it shattered on the floor, and ran to my room, to see Mikki standing there, looking quite shocked, but confused as well. I then see her arm, blood running down from a wound on her arm. I run to her, and I also see a bullet in the wall, and the window is shattered.

What nerve! She had just recovered and someone decides to shoot her?!

I gently wipe the blood from her arm and see that the bullet had only grazed her skin, but it still looked very painful. Then, suddenly, the front door of my parlor sounds as though it was being kicked open. I quickly set Mikki down in my coffin-bed, then run to another coffin and retrieve my death scythe in one swift movement. The people burst through my door and then my scythe is just a split millimeter of a distance away from the throats of one of the men.

Sebastian's throat.

I back away, teeth still clenched tightly, and lower my scythe. Lord Phantomhive is there as well, and a man is held closely to Sebastian, and the man looks in pain. I would be, too, if my arm was bent at an impossible angle behind my back.

I then don't waste time in grabbing a scarf from one of my other outfits and using it to wrap Mikki's arm in so I can stop the bleeding. I then usher the others out of my room and close the door, and we go into the front/main room of the parlor.

The man is squirming and struggling against Sebastian's grasp. "The young lord and I were just coming by to check on Lady McKenzie, when we found this man shooting through one of the windows of your parlor. I was ordered to capture him immediately," Sebastian says, holding the man up by the arm bend behind his back. I clench my fists and walk over to the man.

The man stands upright on the ground, but Sebastian keeps holding him by the arm. "Just who the hell are you?" I growl. When the man doesn't answer, I repeat myself, but much louder this time. I slap him hard across the face, my long nails scratching against his cheek. His head snaps to the side from the force of my actions.

"Fr-Franklin Jones," the man says, and I can tell by the sound that he's trying to hold back from making any pained noises.

"And just what did you think you could accomplish by shooting McKenzie?!" The man doesn't answer. "Answer me, now!" When I still don't get an answer, I deliver a painful punch to Franklin's jaw, and I hear a crack, and I know it wasn't my knuckles.

====FRANKLIN====

Yes, I shot the girl. There's no denying it. My instructions were to harm her, but not kill her. To weaken her enough to capture her and she wouldn't put up too much of a fight. I didn't intend for the man to come to her aid so quickly. And I definitely didn't intend for a butler in black to catch me in less than a blink of an eye. My arm is probably broken from how he bent it behind my back as well.

I don't say anything to the man who is interrogating me, asking my why I shot the girl, because I can't give things away too much. My boss will surely torture me and leave me to die from the pain.

The butler glares down at me with harsh, crimson eyes that flash a quick fuschia with slitted pupils. Before I know it, there's a hard impact and a crack, and I realize the man with grey hair had just punched me. It hurts like hell, but I try not to let them know that. I have pride. Then, he scratches down my face and neck with long, black, sharp nails, and I scream like I never thought I could.

"I said answer me!" the man yells.

"My job," I say quietly, trying to keep the pain from my voice.

"And who gave you the orders to do this?!"

"A-Adrien...?" a weak voice says from a different room. The man straightens up when he hears the voice, then leaves momentarily.

He returns not long after, holding the woman I was told to shoot and take. Her arms are resting on her body and her head is tucked into the silver-haired man's neck. Even though I can't see the man's eyes, I can still see two orbs of bright green, and I know they're holding what would be a look that says 'you're lucky she called for me' in them. I wanted to feel bad for what I had done, but I remember what my boss had told me about this all. So when she was close enough, I spit on her.

Then, suddenly, the butler quite literally drags me from the place.

====MCKENZIE====

I wake up to the sound of yelling and what must be hitting, followed by a scream. I didn't know Adrien was the man that was yelling, as it was a very different and frightening tone. I only knew it was him when I called for him and the yelling stopped.

Adrien soon appeared in front of the coffin I was laying in, and before I knew it, he was gently taking me up into his arms, and I'm carried out to where the man who shot me was, being held by Sebastian, and Ciel was next to him. I just tuck my face into the warm crevice of Adrien's neck after the man spits on me and is dragged out of the parlor.

"A-Adrien..." I whimper out. He holds me closer to him.

"Yes, Mikki?" Adrien asks, his voice soft and gentle.

"I-I didn't want you to carry me out here..." I whisper, struggling to speak. I feel Adrien moving, and before long, I notice he sits down, but I'm still in his arms. "I j-just wanted you to hold me..." A tear slips from my eye, and soon enough, I'm crying very lightly.

I then feel something wet hit my arm. "I will hold you whenever you want me to, my beloved," Adrien whispers in a shaky voice.