47

((A/N: Hey, sorry about the long wait... I was going to update when I sooner, but I had an insanely realistic dream where I was about eight or nine months pregnant. I could literally feel every little kick and movement. I loved him/her to death. Then something happened, and I no longer felt the kicks or any movement at all. I knew I had lost the baby. I woke with my arms wrapped around my belly as if to protect what wasn't there. For the past few months I've been insanely sensitive and I feel empty inside, and I break down crying when I see a baby. Sorry if that doesn't interest you. It just feels so real and depressing. Anyway.. Here's the update. I do hope you all enjoy. Let me know in the comments. Again, I am terribly sorry for the wait.))

Undertaker froze at the sight of the woman before him, standing at his door.

The woman he thought he'd never see again.

"Mikki..."

"Hi.." Mikki said with a sheepish smile. She looked more worried than anything else.

"What... What are you doing here?"

"I... Well, I had some time to think everything over, and after a few talks with some people, I found that having no contact with you is torturing you more than anything. And I know torture.. Trust me. The angel wasn't very soft-hearted," she says, then sighs. "And I don't want you to feel torture after what I went through."

"I-"

"And I'll admit that I... I can't stop thinking about you. You're in my thoughts, my dreams... everywhere. I miss you so much.."

"And I miss you," Adrien manages to get out, his throat feeling a bit dry. But that was nothing compared to the harsh slap he then received from the petit woman. His shocked eyes then found her flaring orange ones.

"That was for your stupidity while I was away," Mikki then said.

"What?"

"You drinking yourself halfway to hell and passing out on the streets! Do you understand how much trouble I had to go through to keep a horse and carriage from running over your half dead body?" she hissed. His eyes widened more. She was watching him? Surely a mere horse couldn't kill the legendary reaper, but still... she was there? As sort of a guardian angel?

"But.. How? I didn't see you."

"Of course not. Magic, remember? I've been practicing with it, and now know just about everything there is to it. But that's a topic for another day. Tell me.. what the hell were you thinking?"

"I... I wasn't thinking.. I just felt. I felt the pain, the regret.. everything. And I was a coward, Mikki. I should have gone for you.. At least written to you while you were gone. But I lost all courage I had. I'm a sodding wanker and you know it. I betrayed you.. I betrayed your trust and I would give anything to go back, to make things right. But I can't..."

"I wouldn't want you to."

His head snapped up from where it hung down, looking at her. "What?"

"I'll admit it absolutely sucked having lost your trust for no reason, and I would never want to go back through the torture that Aleister put me through... but all of that made me stronger. Made me who I am now. I'm not so naïve as I once was. And I understand so much more about the world I'm going to be living in. With you."

"With me?"

"Gods, of course, Adrien. I can't just leave us be, broken and hurt. I can't be without you. I.. I.." But she didn't have to finish. Undertaker had quickly drawn her into his arms, holding her closely and securely, never wanting to let her go.