"Shush." She placed her index finger on her mouth. "Keep it down, darling. You're not in a forest."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry if I didn't recognize you and I'm sorry I crashed your cart earlier. I have no idea at all and I didn't remember you." I chuckled awkwardly.

"It's okay, darling." Logan smiled. "How are you by the way? It's been a long time since the last time we met."

"I'm fine, thank you. How about you?" I asked her back.

"I'm fine. I met your daughter a month ago when we had family dinner at Jordan's place." Logan said.

"Yes, Becca invited her and why not?" I chuckled awkwardly.

"Do you have time? We should catch up, darling. I missed you." I could feel something in her voice but I was too afraid to ask.

"I'm sorry but I need to go to work after I drop this off. I split my shift so I need to go back to work." I said apologetically.

"Nah, it's okay. We can catch up sometimes, we're still in the same town anyway." Logan laughed.

I nodded. "Have you done?" She nodded. "Let's go to the queue then."

I let Logan walked first and I followed her. In her sixties, Logan was still beautiful and I wondered how did she still look so young.

"Gabby?" Logan called me, damn, she did still remember my name though.

"Yes?" I turned my head to see her.

"What day is your day off?" Logan asked me.

"Uh, Sunday. Why?"

"Do you still remember my house?"

I shook my head no, she imitated me in a funny way and I couldn't help but smiled. "I'm sorry, it was ten years ago and Jordan drove us there."

Mentioning Jordan's name was like having a big lump in my throat. It was hard to let it out but I managed to say it in normal tone. I saw she wrote something and gave the paper to me. It was an address, the complete opposite direction from my house. Maybe it took thirty minutes or so to get there.

"Be there on Saturday at 7pm, it's a family gathering. Miller Industry has a big announcement and I want you to be there to celebrate it with us." Logan said. "And believe me darling, I'm still considering you as a family."

My heart fluttered. I unconsciously nodded because she looked so serious.

I went home and met Allie. She was studying in the living room. Once she saw me, she helped me unpacked. I stood there when we were done, Allie was drinking an orange juice while looking at me weirdly.

"I didn't do anything today, Mom." She laughed awkwardly.

I smiled. "No, baby. I, uh, wanted to tell you something."

"Okay?" Allie sat down.

"Do you have a plan on Saturday night?"

She furrowed her brows in confusion. "Beside planning on watching a movie marathon, I don't think I do. Why?"

"Do you want to go with me to Logan's house? I met her today. She invited me, she said there will be a big announcement but I don't want to go there alone." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Oh, that!" She seemed to realize about something. "Becca mentioned that her au––" Allie stopped all of sudden and I was curious as to what was she trying to say. "Yeah, I'd love to, Mom. I'll go with you."

"What are you trying to say earlier, baby?" I narrowed my eyes suspiciously.

"No-nothing, Mom." She smiled awkwardly.