Chapter - 1 The Battle

An icy cold wind blew past Severus, sending chills down his spine. He was breathing heavily, trying hard not to collapse on the snow beneath him. His energy was drained out; he was exhausted. But the battle was far from ended, at least that's what he thought.

The night was dark and menacing. Under the moonlight, his pale skin, which looked even more dreadful due to his battle scars, shone. His black robes were soaked in his blood. He felt a tickle of unease. A drop of blood from the wound on his hand dripped onto the ground. The red spot of blood radiated against the white snow. The scene was unconventionally beautiful.

His robes that were always perfect, were covered with dirt and his blood. His black cloak lay blowing on the white snow. A Slashing spell had wounded him badly on his broad, muscular chest, his long legs,  and even his long torso. The icy cold winds felt like a hundred scorpions stinging him repeatedly, causing him unbearable pain.

But he had to stand against the very demon he had been previously serving.

Harry Potter had been killed by Lord Voldemort in his crib, and now the Wizarding world needed someone to save it from the darkest wizard ever born. But what no one could have ever thought, was the fact that their saviour would be Severus Snape, the former Death Eater who was sent to spy at Hogwarts by the Dark Lord himself. The young and loyal Death Eater had turned against his master, but nobody knew the reason for him doing so, and nobody cared to know the reason either. At the present moment, everyone's main concern was the annihilation of the Dark Lord and his army of Death Eaters.

The image of The Dark Lord in front of Severus got blurry at times due to the weakness his body felt. The Dark Lord was also getting weaker as the moments passed, he could sense it. Severus was always able to read his mind. Albus and Minerva had been successful in their mission. They had destroyed all the Horcruxes. Now it was just Nagini who was left to be killed. Hagrid and Filius had successfully kept her away from Severus, Albus and Minerva,  but she needed to be killed by the sword of Godric Gryffindor, which was with Minerva. He hoped she would also die soon, eventually killing The Dark Lord.

The Death Eaters were greeted well by the Ministry fighters, so they weren't a threat while Severus was facing the Dark Lord himself.

"Sectumsempra," Severus managed to mumble despite not being in a condition to even stand properly. The Dark Lord fell on his knees on the ground that was covered by snow in the Cabalistic Forest. The Dark Lord didn't show any defensive reflexes nor did he throw any spell towards him.  It was clear that Nagini was also in life-threatening danger, causing the Dark Lord to weaken to the extent he had.

A sound took his attention away from the heat of that moment. Suddenly, he realized the sound had come from the bushes near where he was standing. The jostling sound became louder in the blink of the eye when suddenly he saw a figure emerging from the bushes--the figure of a snake. It was Nagini. Severus was too weak to react and save himself from her vicious attack, so he decided to close his eyes and greet death with acceptance. It was at that moment that he realized death had also accepted him. He heard a crashing sound and a thud, then came another voice. It felt to him as if he had fallen on the ground. He took a deep breath.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

The sound of screaming tugged him out of his presumed slumber of death. His eyes shot open to find Nagini's cut-off head at his feet, and blood from her body all over the snow beneath his feet. The blood infused in the snow the way ink spread on the cloth. Minerva was standing close to him, panting with the sword of Godric Gryffindor in her hand with a panting Albus a little behind her. The sword shone brightly under the moonlight, the venomous blood of the deceased snake dripping off it onto the ground covered with snow. The venom possessed by her was so perilous that it left burn marks on the snow where it had fallen, turning the snow coal black.