Chapter - 19 Homecoming

A wave of unease sluiced down Seraphina's body as she stood in the Headmaster's office, sandwiched between Emily Bailey and  James Richardson, who were the Head girl and Head boy. The trio had been summoned by the Headmaster for a special duty regarding the expected Graduation Ceremony which was in a day and a half. The Ravenclaw Prefect was excited to graduate from the Wizarding School, but another feeling of sadness when saying farewell to Batman also crept within her. She had conjured up a solution for her problem, though. After all, she had promised to give this awkward situation a chance. That had been impossible while she had been a student. Now that she was no longer a student, she was free to pursue her 'friendship' with the fearsome Professor.

" Lastly, Seraphina, it will be your speech that will conclude the ceremony, as you have been the greatest achiever this school has ever seen, " the voice of the old wizard grasped her consciousness.

" With due respect, Headmaster, that title belongs to Professor Snape, " replied the girl as a warm smile crept on her lips at the thought of the Potion's Master.

Albus couldn't help but smile as well upon seeing the unintentional smile playing on the girl's lips. His efforts had surely sparked something between the eccentric couple which made the old wizard even more proud of himself. Soon, Albus dismissed the trio with an eagerness for the approaching ceremony where Seraphina would finally graduate, hence shattering the wall of obligations Severus had set up for himself.

Soon, the day of the graduation ceremony had come upon the seventh-year students. A mixed wave of emotion flowed through their veins, causing the zeal to increase. While every Head of House was busy instructing their students how to conduct themselves during the ceremony, the Head of Slytherin House was occupied by the thoughts of a young witch who was among the ones graduating that day. All Severus wanted to do was see Seraphina, but not as Miss Barclay but instead as Seraphina Barclay - the girl he was supposed to spend his whole life loving. 

The House tables were replaced by rows of chairs in the Great Hall as parents of students started filling the seats. Soon, only 40 seats were left to be filled by the students. The students' seats were placed ahead of the parents' seats, and a separate row was located for the Prefects and The Head Girl and Head Boy, while the teachers, other than the four Heads of House were already seated at the Head Table with Headmaster Dumbledore. Subsequently, the wooden door thudded open, revealing the students of Hufflepuff lined up behind Professor Pomona Sprout. The students made their way toward the front row. Applause filled the Great Hall. Next, it was Professor Minerva McGonagall's turn to bring her Gryffindor students. Another round of applause filled the Great Hall.

Then it was the Slytherins' turn to take their entrance with their Head of House,  who was none other than the Savior of the Wizarding World - Severus Snape. Slytherin received louder applause accompanied by the noise of chattering and shouting.

Lastly, the Ravenclaws made their way inside the populated Hall. Similar to Slytherin, Ravenclaw, too, received a hearty welcome, and most of the credit for that went to Seraphina Barclay. While everyone's eyes were fixed on either the young witch or the Dungeon Master, the adorable witch's raven eyes searched for her 25 years older brother - Daniel. Her search soon ended as she spotted the handsome man among the horde.

Seraphina Barclay was seated among the Prefects, a genuine smile plastered to her face as she looked up at the Head Table.

" Another year has passed, and Hogwarts has produced yet another batch of fine Wizards and Witches who are ready to make their name in the Wizarding World. This year has been one of the finest in the history of Hogwarts. May the knowledge you have gained here help you to make this world a better place, and may you all make your mark in this world, " said the old Headmaster as he raised his wand.