Chapter - 21 The Untold Truth

The reflection in the mirror in front of her seemed surreal to her. It has been long since she felt something like that, especially ever since the incident at the library, but now Seraphina had moved past it, or that was what she thought. Still, one question was burning inside her like a vicious fire. That question was - had Severus liked her from his heart or was his heart under the spell? The latter assertion seemed to be the truth to the witch but every time she found herself with the wizard the doubt faded to oblivion. All she was able to feel was compassion, care, and maybe even love, and she liked that feeling. 

Currently, she stood inside a changing room with a silk red dress on her body. Only three days were left before her brother and Rachel's wedding, and still, Seraphina, the bridesmaid, was without a dress because Severus and she had been busy with the preparations for the wedding. She has been disdaining her own shopping for a long time, giving everyone else the priority.  The biggest reason for her not going shopping was her dislike for the boring task, but to her relief, Daniel was no longer furious or reluctant about the young wizard as they both were enjoying their newly formed friendship. 

Although there was nothing shoddy about the dress, the Ravenclaw wasn't convinced that it was the right one. It kept reminding her of her first date, which had been catastrophic. 

"How's the dress, Angel?" asked Daniel from the other side of the door. Severus and Rachel were seated on the couch while the saleslady stood beside them waiting for her young customer to appear with the dress Rachel had picked out for her. Slowly the door opened and Seraphina emerged with the dress on. 

"You look beautiful in this," commented Rachel as she stood up, taking a full look at the girl. 

"Yes ma'am, this surely looks good on you," added the saleslady. 

"Rachel, this dress is lovely, but it's backless," said the witch as she turned a little to show the back of the dress. 

"Come on, Angel, this doesn't even count as backless. Anyway, what's bad about this one?" called out Daniel. 

"Last time I was in a backless, red silk dress I was badly injured," replied the girl as she placed her hand on her neck covering her visible Vampire bite mark. She hadn't put a Disillusionment charm on it to hide it. Instead, she flaunted it with pride as a way of showing that she had gotten a Death Eater to Azkaban, but a part of her heart found her culpable for not being able to defend herself and ruining the lovely evening for Severus. 

"Ok, then we shall look for something else," declared Daniel, sensing which injury she was referring to. 

Finally, after a long quest for a perfect bridesmaid dress, everyone settled for a bottle green gown. 

ልረልክ

The day of the wedding arrived sooner than anticipated. The witch felt her stomach twisting in her gut. She wanted the day to be perfect for her dear elder brother and his lovely fiancée. It was the Potions Master who calmed and reassured his lovely friend during the times when it appeared that she would faint from trepidation. 

The sun shone brightly above her head as the young witch inspected the decorations for the sixth time. The aisle lay perfectly in the middle of the lakeside setting as the whole place was clad with white and pink flowers. The Barclays and Wrights had already arrived at the inn near the lake. Seraphina was alone at the lakeside of Lliswerry, making the last-minute changes, worrying that the decoration might appear too monotonous or too offensive. 

"I suggest you relax, Seraphina. You have poured your heart into making this special for them, and I am very sure they will love it," a deep, cavernous voice fell on her ears as she changing the position of the lanterns hanging from the ceiling with her wand.