Chapter - 20 Seraphina's Dark Secret

" You made a promise, Seraphina! " fumed Daniel, his husky voice breaking from the resentment thriving inside him.

" And I haven't broken it, " came a calm reply from the corner window of the drawing hall. The witch very calmly gazed outside into space, unaffected by the outburst of her dear brother.

" Either we all heard it wrong or you are unaware of what you said at dinner, " vented the Muggle, frustration edging his tone as well as in his mind. How could his sister act so ignorantly in such a tender situation?

Finally, the Ravenclaw turned to face the other inhabitants of the room. Daniel stood near the end table, his hand clenched into a fist, an old habit her brother exhibited when he felt unconditional anger. Rachel stood beside him, her hands wrapped around his arm, trying to calm the angry man as a forlorn and unsettled look came over her beautiful face. Another man was there in the room. It was Severus, who very silently stood near the bookshelf, uncountable questions wracked his mind, but he opted to stay silent giving a chance to the Muggle to question his sister's verdict. Mr and Mrs Wright had left after the dinner, leaving the witch with an awful lot of questions to answer.

" My statement at the dinner table was the desired announcement. It is not the truth. It was just what everyone wanted to hear from us, and especially from me, " announced the girl as a determined look came over her delicate face.

Severus and the couple gave her a puzzled look at that statement, but before they were able to register their dissatisfaction with her response, Seraphina spoke again.

" Daniel and Rachel, I assume you are well aware of my disposition here. In this world, and for you Severus, I would like to inform you that the Wizarding World sees me as a completely different person from what I am. While at Hogwarts I had friends, but in this world, I don't have any. Rather I am considered an introvert here, "

" Tell me what would be your reaction to seeing a girl you have always seen all by herself with a man you have never seen before and he is staying with her in her home? What would be the first thing that would come to your mind? " asked the witch.

" You will also think what everyone else is thinking right now, and that is why I made it official, leaving no room for suspicious by anyone, " she added, her face devoid of any emotion.

The Potions Master felt a hint of frustration in her refined voice.

" You Diérchetai'd people without their permission? " cried Daniel, ignoring her assertion, instead of focusing on the fact of her knowing what others felt.

" Good Lord! Daniel of all things you are worried about it is her not seeking permission to Diérchetai! " cried Rachel facing her fiancée, extensively puzzled by the priority of her husband to be.

" Diérchetai is not the only way to acquire the knowledge of what is inside other's minds, Daniel, " interrupted the girl.

" It might sound impolite, and I shall ask my forgiveness in advance for that, but I desire not to talk about this matter further. Severus will be here until your wedding, and hence I don't desire people spreading rumours about him because he is not an ordinary man. And as you have promised, you will not be judgemental with your decision, and I have my confidence in Severus that he will surpass your expectations which might cause this lie to turn into a truth soon, " added Seraphina, as she walked off, dragging her friend with her, leaving her brother befuddled as it took time for him to absorb what his sister had just said.

It took a moment for Severus' sharp mind to comprehend what the girl had just said. A hint of scarlet dusted his pale cheeks at the realisation. The Dungeon Master decided to speak when they had reached the guestroom where he was staying.