chapter 12: staying over

Start from the beginning

She cheered at that and immediately began making suggestions for Jack as she went to his closet.

They were so into their discussion that they didn't see or hear Isla knocking the door gently and peeking in.

"Jack? Sydnie?", Isla asked meekly.

The two perked up. "Yeah?"

"Mum said dinner is ready", Isla said.

"Alright, thanks Isla", Sydnie said as she got up and dusted her pants. She turned to Jack. "We'll continue later".

Jack nodded and picked Isla up, piggybacking her, causing the younger girl to shriek in delight.

"What did mum make?", Jack asked in attempt to start a conversation.

Isla wrapped her small hands around Jack's neck as they made their way downstairs. "I think it's spaghetti"

"I love spaghetti!", Jack exclaimed, causing Isla to giggle.

♡♡♡

Jack waited anxiously for the final bell to ring. He hardly heard anything Ms Nolan had said. (Remember her?😌) The entire time, he had his eyes fixed onto the clock above the whiteboard.

"2 more minutes", Jack thought, counting down the time.

It felt like an eternity before the final bell rang, signalling the end of class and school. Jack had jumped out of his seat and dashed out of the classroom before any of the students had even gotten up.

He ran to the school's entrance only to see Zach already there, waiting for him. Zach's face lit up when he saw him and Jack flew into his arms.

"Aww aren't you eager", Zach teased as he ruffled the curly boy's hair before planting a kiss on his forehead.

"I'll be spending today and my entire weekend with you. Why wouldn't I be eager", Jack hummed back as he tightened his grip around the boy's waist.

Zach giggled. "C'mon let's go home"

♡♡♡

"Hi boys", Myta greeted them when she saw the two enter the house.

"Hey mum"

"Hi Mrs Herron"

"Oh please, call me Myta," Myta laughed, "Mrs Herron makes me sound so old and formal"

Jack blushed a little, "alright Myta"

"That's the spirit, you boys hungry?", Myta asked.

"Not really" the boys answered.

"Alright, there's food in the pantry and the fridge. Help yourselves, boys", Myta said to them as she picked up her bag on the counter, "I'll be out for some time so don't set anything on fire", she teased.

"We won't, mum" Zach said in such a solemn voice that made Jack want to burst into laughter, "bye mum"

"Bye boys" she called out before heading out.

Jack turned to Zach when Myta left. "Where is she going?", he asked curiously.

"Oh, she usually goes out for grocery and then picks up my dad. Then, they'll do their stuff. Friday is their breakaway time", Zach replied.

"That's nice", Jack commented.

There was a silence before it was broken by Zach.

"So.. what do you want to do?"

"I don't know", Jack answered truthfully.

"Netflix?"

"Sure"

Just as they were getting comfortable, the front door opened and Ryan and Reese came in noisily.

"Hi Zach!", Ryan said as he threw his bag to the side, "man, the bus was extra slow today"

Ryan then caught sight of Jack. "Oh hi. You must be Jack, I'm Ryan", he waved.

Jack smiled back, "Hey Ryan"

Reese perked up when she heard Jack and immediately bounded up to him.

"You're Jack Avery? The guy that Zach always talks about?", she babbled excitedly. She leaned in closer to Jack's face before turning excitedly to Zach.

"You're right, Zach! He does have beautiful brown yes! But it's more of a mix, in my opinion. And his-", she was cut short by Zach as he clamped his hand over Reese's mouth.

"Lets go upstairs", Zach said nervously and before Jack could even reply, Zach grabbed his hand and pulled him upstairs.

Jack could have sworn he saw Ryan wink at him.

"Interesting", Jack thought.

♡♡♡

As promised, more Jachary content

As promised, more Jachary content. I'll be writing more of them in my next few chapters because, like I said, this is a Jachary book:)
-🕊🌿🌫