Three Words Anthony.

I sit up from my nightmare. Strange. I haven't had a nightmare for ages. Looking outside, I reckon it's about 6am. I get up and grab some clean clothes. I change and go get some breakfast. After breakfast I pack my bag and check the time. 

7:30. Still have ages before I have to leave. 

I text Ian. 

'I need to ask u something @ school' 

He replies, 'K. Know any info on Lia?'  

I text back. 'I'll knock for you then I'll explain whilst walkin to school' 

'K. C u l8er' I walk around the lounge for a little bit. 

'You still worried about poor little Lia?' My conscience says.  

"No! W-why would I?" I stammer. 

'Because you like her. More than a sister'  

"No, no I don't..."  

'Hey, what do I know. I'm just a voice in your head!' It taunts.  

"Shut up! Just shut up!" I yell. Mom comes running down in her dressing gown. 

"Whats happened?" She askes half asleep. 

"Oh-urh- Nothing. I was, urm... Daydreaming. Yup... I'll be going now" I walk over to the door. 

"Sweetie, you might want your bag!" Mom says. Oops... I go back and get it and walk out.  

I walk over to Ian's house.  

"IAN!!! ANTHONY IS HERE!!! IAN HECOX GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE!!" His mom yells. Ian comes down dragging his feet. 

'Tell him you love Lia.... Go on.. It won't hurt much.' I. Love. Lia'My conscience taunts. I will rip that dudes head off.  

"What did you want to ask?  

"Oh. Do you want to come with me and mom to see how Lia is doing?" I lie. That was not what I was planning on asking.  

"Sure! Oh you know Isaac.. He has his eye on Lia. Just saying"  

"What? Ur-why would I care?"  

'Liar, liar. Tell the truth Anthony!!' 

"Because you like her." Ian says. 

"No. I don't!" I assure. 

"Pretty obvious that you do!" Ian nods. He has found my secret!  

"It is?- Urhhh..... I mean.. Y'know. Thats just creepy!" Ian gives me a nod, but I don't think he believes me.  

As we walk to school,I get approached by Isaac.  

"Where's your cousin?" He demands. 

"Ill. Why?" I lie. That habbit will never go away. 

"Oh. Nevermind." He walked off.  

The day goes by quickly, and as I walk back home with Ian, we head off to the hospital. Mom says she needs to go pop into the shops and leaves us at the hospital.  

"Which room is Lia Fer-nan-dez in?" I say nervously. I could never get her surname right. 

"Floor 3, room 6."The lady at reception smiles and we walk off the the lifts. 

"Imagine if the lift breaks." Ian says smoothly. 

"Yeah... We'd be kinda stuck." I reply. 

'Three words...' 

We get onto floor 3 and start looking around for room 6. Thing I don't get,is why she is on the childrens ward. Surely there should be a 'Young Adult' ward. Even though she isn't a young adult. 

We find room 6, but it is empty.  

"Where is she? This is room 6 right?" Ian askes.  

"Thats what the door signs are for Ian!" I reply sarcastily. "To tell you what room it is."  

"Are you looking for Miss. Fernandez?" Someone askes. 

"Yeah." I reply. 

"She is currently having an MRI scan. She'll only be a few moments." 

"Whats MRI mean?" I whisper to Ian. 

"No idea." 

We wait in the waiting room until we ger called to see Lia. As we turn the corner, we hear two people talking. 

"3 weeks?" 

"It's for your own safety..." 

"But I have school and clubs and stuff!!...." 

"Were are very sorry..."  

We walk in, and we were both surprised to see Lia sitting up talking. 

"3-4 weeks huh?" I whisper. 

"How you feeling?" Ian askes. 

"Slowly dying of boredom.. Its SO boring here. The TV doesn't work." She moans. Typical Lia. 

"Haha.. Guess I'll be watching TV tonight!" I tease. Lia replies by throwing a pillow at me.  

"Ouch... Pillows hurt!" I say.  

'Tell her!' 

"Hows life been with you two mammals?" Lia asks. 

"Boring..." Ian trails off. "But you have an admirer." 

If he tells her, I am so dead. 

"Who?" She askes. 

"An-" I step on his foot."Ow Isaac. That really hurt!" 

"Wait..... Isaac Field? He is such a jerk." She replies.  

We talk for a while until mom tells us we have to go. 

"Please don't gooooooooo!!!! I'm looonnnlleeyyyy!!!!" She moans. We walks out and smile at her. She is easy to tease.  

We walk outside and I see mom waving at us inside her car. We get in and I zone out.