Ice Cream

I was planning on going out of the house, but God knows when Mrs Padilla will be back. So I am playing it safe by staying in the house to watch TV.

After countless episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants and the odd Pokémon, Mrs Padilla comes home.

"Hi Lia!" She smiles happily to me.

"What's made your day happy?" I ask, continuing to look at the TV screen. She picks up the remote and turns off SpongeBob. I guess this means I have to pay attention to her now.

"The doctors in the hospital told me that Anthony is awake!" She says.

"Yay!" I say unenthusiatically. "Does that mean that I have to share my time for the TV with him again?"

"Yes it does, Lia. Now come on and get ready. We are going to visit him." She exclaims. Great! That means I have to make an effort to go out.

After half an hours journey to the hospital, we go and find Anthonys room that he has been staying in.

"Ah! Mrs Padilla! Here to check on Anthony, I assume?" Some random doctor calls to Mrs Padilla. I stand there, listening in to their wonderful convosation about Anthony.

"... There have been some slight issues regarding your sons health." The doctor says.

"Go on." Mrs Padilla replies.

"He has seemed to have lost his memory. Anything four week before the accident has been wiped from his brain."

"Four weeks ago? Thats when I came!" I interuppt.

"Well, there might be a slight chance that you might trigger off some sort of memory to him. Other than that, there's nothing we can do." The doctor says and goes back to his doctor stuff. Mrs Padilla told me to come in, and "Hope for the best."

We go in, and from the look on Anthonys face, he doesn't remember me.

-

He didn't remember me. How could he not? I don't feel like watching Pokémon or SpongeBob anymore. I just want Anthony back to his old self. Mrs Padilla has gone out again for around 2-3 hours. I don't know where, but this time I am going to go somewhere.

I pick up a spare set of keys from the table and head out over to the park. For winter, it's pretty nice outside.

I arrive at the park and sit down on the grass. Benches are old. Grass is the next big thing.

A few minutes of picking up strands of grass and planting them somewhere else I hear someone call my name.

"Lia!" Someone shouts. Looking up, I see Ian walking over to me.

"Why are you on the grass?" He asks.

"Benches are old, man. Be green. Sit on grass. Peace." I say in a stereotypical hippie voice. "What wonderful place were you heading off to?"

"I was actually going to see you for some reason, but I've forgotten why." He sits down next to me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Fine. Perfect."

"Really? You seem upset."

"How can you tell?"

"You're sitting on the grass. Something must be wrong."

"Well...." I pause. Should I tell Ian that Anthony has no idea who I am? "Anthony's memory has gone weird, and he doesn't remember anything four weeks before the accident." I sigh. "Which means he doesn't remember me."

"Are you serious?" He asks. I nod. Feeling tears come to my eyes "Lia, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. This means I'll be living with someone who has no idea who I am. And Anthony has to have one to one sessions to help his memory." I feel Ian giving me a reassuring hug.

"You know what you need?" He says.

"Ice-cream?" I smile hopefully.

"It suppose it involves ice-cream."

"Mayonaise?"

"No mayonaise."

"What then?"

"A Pokémon marathon at my house" He suggests.

"Okay then. I can live without the mayonaise. But I must be home in an hour though."

We get up and make our way over to Ian's house. Pokémon, ice-cream and Ian. Just some of my favourite things combined together.

We walk into Ian's house. I like the smell of his house. Just saying.

We hunt around for some ice cream and then watch Pokèmon. Why can't life be this easy all the time?

After watching loads of Pokémon episodes and eating a whole tub of ice cream, I forget about having to go home.

"Have you played Mario Party 2 yet?" Ian asks me.

"I've heard of it, but haven't played it." I reply. He goes and sets up the game.

"Looks like you are going to play it now." He smiles.

A few minutes of learning the controls, we start a game. I don't think I'll be good at this game.

-

Turns out that Ian is the one who isn't very good. Out of the 40 mini games we played, he won about 10 of them.

I glance up at the clock. 6:30. I don't have to be home for ages... Shit.... Mrs Padilla is going to be mad at me.

"I should probably go... I was meant to be home 3 hours ago." I say to Ian.

"Oh yeah. You said you could only stay for an hour. You can blame me if you want. Just so you don't get into trouble." Ian says. The front door opens and Ian's mom comes in.

"I'm back, Ian!" She says, walking into the lounge. "Oh, hi Lia!" I smile at her. "So what have you two been up to, then?" She asks.

"Watching Pokémon and playing Mario Party 2." Ian says.

"And eating ice-cream. And I really need to go." I add, getting up.

"Do you want me to drive you back to you house?" Mrs Hecox suggests.

"I'm fine. I can walk home." I say. Mrs Hecox nods and goes into the kitchen, whilst Ian walks me to the door.

"Today was fun." He says.

"Yeah. We should do it again sometime" I suggest.

"Next time I'll choose a game I am good at."

"Well, I better go. See you, Ian!" I wave.

"Wait!" He calls. I turn around.

"Yeah?"

He pauses for a second. "Keep me updated with info on Anthony."

"Will do." I say and walk back home.

I open the door to see Mrs Padilla sitting on the couch with someone. It's too dark to see who, but then I realise who it is.

It's Anthony.

A/N

Hehe... C: Thanks to Katherine Trautman for the idea of Anthony not remembering who Lia was.

Question:

What do you think will happen between Lia and Anthony? Or Lia and Ian? Or Ian and Anthony?

If you sneeze whilst reading this chapter, bless you.

Nat xoxo