Final Goodbyes

Ian and Anthony go off to buy some food, and I sit on the beach. Not many people are here now. It seems likes its around 7, as the people left are going clubbing. Waste of time to be honest. Dancing and getting drunk. Not much of a fun night to be honest. I suppose I should make the most of tonight, seeing as this time tomorrow, I'll be in my university dorm..

They come back with doughnuts, and we sit on the sand.

"Lia?" Ian asks.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"Can you send me back a kangaroo from Australia, please? I've always wanted a pet."

"Sure. I'll just walk over to a wild kangaroo, pick it up and post it to you."

My alarm goes off. Fuck sake. I was enjoying my dream. Well, if you class playing twister with kangaroos enjoyable.

I get out of bed, and grab some clothes that aren't packed and walk to the bathroom. I take a quick shower and get dressed. The sun is only just rising. The only reason I woke up so early is so that I don't miss my flight.

I walk into the kitchen and grab something for breakfast. This is the last time I'll eat breakfast in this house. I grab an apple and go watch tv. Nothing is on. Great.

I finish my apple and decide to draw for a bit. Just to pass the time.

After a while of attempting to draw Pikachu and Charizard, Anthony comes down.

"Your awake early." I say, not taking my eyes off of the paper.

"Lia, its nine. It's not that early." He replies.

"It is for you." I inform.

"Whatcha drawing?" He looks over my shoulder.

"Pikachu and Charizard."

"Awesome. What time do we have to leave?"

"One, I think. Didn't you say you were going to see if Ian wanted to come with us?"

"Yeah, he said he will" Anthony walks off. Just four hours until I go.

Three and a half hours later.

We sit down, waiting to be told that I can board the plane.

"Where abouts are you going again, Lia?" Mrs Padilla asks, oft the third time.

"Melbourne, like I said before." I sigh.

We make small convosations, but we have nothing to say.

"Flight 460 to Melbourne is boarding." The speakers say. We get up.

"Lia, be good, okay? I don't want you to get into trouble on your first day." Mrs Padilla hugs me.

"I'll try not to." I hug her back. I let go and hug Anthony.

"I'll miss you, Lia. Even though I've been a douche to you at times, I feel like you are my real sister." He says, hugging me so I am unable to breathe.

"Ant.. I can't breathe." I manage to say. He loosens his grip. "Sorry for punching you when I first met you. And thanks for putting up with me for four years." I say. He releases me from his death hug. I turn around and hug Ian. A lot of hugging today.

"I'll miss you Lia. My life won't be the same when you're gone." He says.

"I'll miss you too. You guys have changed my life. I'll never forget you." I reply.

"Flight 460 to Melbourne is boarding." The speakers say again. I grab my bag that Mrs Padilla got me when I first arrived.

"Goodbye, everyone." I managed to smile. Mrs Padilla is crying as I turn to head to the plane. I feel tears spring to my eyes. I'll miss these guys so fucking much.