Attention

I spill what happened out to Anthony. He doesn’t seem surprised. I, personally, thought he would be.
“He didn’t tell you?” Anthony says.
“I knew he had a girlfriend, but he never told me who.”  I reply. Maybe Anthony know who Ian’s girlfriend is.
“He told me a while back. I think her name was April. I think anyway.”
“April… Doesn’t ring a bell.”
Mrs Padilla call Anthony downstairs, and I am left alone with my thoughts.
-
It’s been a week, and nothing has changed. My grades are still “poor”, and me and Ian aren’t speaking to each other. Mrs Padilla has told me that if my grades haven’t improved in a weeks time, she will have to send me back to the hell hole of the adoption center. I’m hoping that she will forget  about it, and keep me forever, but from the sound of her voice when she said that, she is serious. It would be a lie to say that I have been improving my grades, because I haven’t. I’ve tried, but I am struggling to even managed an F. Fingers crossed for my sake that I won’t be put back into the adoption hell hole.
Also, me and Mrs Padilla have been having ‘talks’. This means that I am getting extra homework or lessons on subjects in school to improve my grades. It’s a waste of time to be perfectly honest. I know all the stuff the tutor teaches me anyway. Anthony told, I mean demanded, me to listen to the tutor if I don’t want to leave.
I sometime think that the reasons my grades are so bad is because of my constant daydreaming in class. I should really stop doing that. Oh wait… I’m doing it now. Yup.. I’m sitting in my English lesson, daydreaming about how I can put my grades up.
I feel someone poke my side, and Anthony is glaring at me. Oh shit. I have either been asked a question or meant to be dicussing something. I am hoping the latter. Well, no one is talking, and most people are looking at me. I glace up at Mrs Lotters.
“Hey Mrs. How’s your day?” I try and change the subject.
“Miss Fernandez, tell me. Do you know how to back up arguments with evidence?” She asks. I shake my head slowly. “Do you know the main points in Macbeth?” I shake my head. “Do you want to improve your grades?” I start to shake my head, but then replace it with nodding. “Then I suggest you listen to me.” She turns around to teach some useless rubbish that I will never need in my life.
“You need to pay attention!” Anthony whispers to me.
“I’m trying! I have a short attention span, okay?!” I whisper back and start drawing on my hand.

Remind me never to draw on my hand again. It’s been 3 days, and the pickle I drew is still on my hand, faintly. In other news, my grades are still really bad, and Mrs Padilla has told me that she is considering sending me to the adoption center sooner than she planned. Both me and Anthony have tried to persuade her out of it, but she has made a decision.
“…Lia?” Anthony pulls me out of my train of thought.
“What?” I reply.
“You really need to pay attention more. I need to speak to you.” He says and drags me outside.
“Where are we going?”
“Not far. Just to the park.”
Once we arrive to the park, I see Ian and April, talking to each other. I feel a sudden erge to kill April, and her whole family. Don’t ask me why though. Anthony drags me away from them, so I don’t randomly go mad at them.
“What do you want to speak to me about? And this better be important, seeing as you have dragged me outside without letting me put shoes or socks on.” I moan.
“It’s important, don’t worry.” He reassures. “Mom has told me about what she is planning to do with you. She has told me,” He pauses, “She told me she is taking you back.”
A/N
Sorry the chapter is short! More updates soon!!
Also, check out stormaustin’s story! Please?
First say to yourself what you would be;
and then do what you have to do.
Nat xoxo