1000 Words of Hell

I scan round the hallway and see nothing inspiring me. What is wrong with my brain? I can usually think of pranks in an instant.

The bell for homeroom goes off, and I walk over there. Maybe I can think there.

I walk in and take my seat, and Anthony isn't there.

Homeroom goes by in a flash, and my first lesson is English. As I walk, I have a strange feeling I didn't pick up my essay. Of course I did. I remember I did.

As I sit down,I rumage through my bag. Where is it? I pull out a piece of paper.

"English essay? Oops.. I thought it was trash, so I binned it. 3/5" It said. Anthony.... You are so dead.

"Miss Fernandez? Where is your essay?" Mrs Lotter askes.

"My, urm, cat peed on it this morning and I was running late and couldn't retype it. Could I hand it in tomorrow?" I say.

"Real answer Miss Fernandez?" She retorts sternly.

I sigh. "My cousin threw it in the trash."

"After school. Here. Detention." She shouts. Thanks alot Anthony!

After school, I tell Anthony I'll walk back by myself and stroll to Mrs Lotter's room.

"Afternoon, Miss Fernandez. I would like you to write me 1000 words about..." She paused. "How important English is for you. Go!" I grab a piece of paper and start to write. 5 minutes later, another face appears through the door.

"Sorry I'm late, had a doctors appointment" He said. I couldn't see his face, but his voice was familiar. Who was he?

"Miss Fernandez, are you done?" Mrs Lotter askes.

"No. Because I don't give two flying monkeys about English. Cant I write about lemons instead?" I ask. She shakes her head and I quietly die. Not literally, but put my head on the table. I fall into a power nap.

I feel someone poking me and look up.

"What?! Can't you see I was busy dying?" I say annoyed.

"You've been asleep for half an hour. Mrs Douche-Head as gone to phone your paren- I mean, urm. You know what I mean." A random voice said. I turn and look and see Ian, Anthony's friend.

I glace down at my piece of paper, and see only my name at the top.

I hit my head on the table a few times as Mrs Lotter comes in.

"I want to see both of you tomorrow at break." She says sternly. I'm booking tomorrow off for an illness.

"Can we go?" I ask.She nods and I run out of the door. I got halfway out,before remembering I left my bag in the classroom. I walk backwards into the class and grab it, and casually walk out, pretending nothing happened.

"Wait up!" Ian yells. I stop and let him catch up.

"Wow. Mrs Lotter is a bitch and a half." I say.

"You're lucky. You don't have her for homeroom!" Ian replies.

"Unlucky! I have Mr Olivers."

"Lucky! He's my history teacher."

"Mine's Mrs Chapman." We talk as we walk home. Why couldn't his family adopt me? Ian started texting somebody, and I just stared at the ground. Ugh, my shoes are all muddy. I wonder what's for dinner? Wait, did I forget my glasses? No, they are on my desk. Phew!

"Looks like you are gonna have to put up with me for a little while!" Ian blurts out.

"What?" I reply, confused.

"Anthony has invited me round to work on a project thing."

"Oh. Okay!"

Anthonys POV

I walk home by myself. As I was used to. Lia said she had to do something school wise. I think she has a detention.

"Mom! I'm home!" I yell as I walk through the door.

"Hi sweetie! Where is Lia?" What am I going to say to get me out of this hole.

"Uh, she has. Uh... Revision. Maths test soon. She has extra revision lessons with Mrs Walker." Mom nods and walks away.

"Hey mom? Can Ian come over? We need to talk about our social studies project." I lie. Me,homework. Never!

"Sure dear."

Half an hour passed and Lia still hasn't come home. I admit, I am worried about her.

I send a text to Ian.

"U out of hell yet?"

He replies back,

"Yh. Walking back w/ Lia. She was there too." Whoa! Lia was in detention.

"Can u come over? Social studies thing project. Mom says its okay"

"Yeh sure! B there in 5" And I wait in the dining room, trying to do my history home, which I left to the last minute,as per usual. I run to the door when I hear a knock. Standing there is Lia and Ian.

"Detention went okay, Lia?" I ask as we were eating pizza.

"What? I didn't fall asleep?" She replies. She fell asleep.. In Mrs Lotters class. Have to say, Lia as gut.

"Thanks to you, I was there!" She shouts. Me? What did I do?

"What? I didn't do anything!" I choked.

"Yes you did. You made me walk by myself in the morning, stole my lunch, hacked into my locker and soaked all my books and ripped up my essay and threw it away!" Lia bellowed.

"What the hell? First off, I overslept and you left your lunch here! I can't even hack Ian's password for his computer, so how I can get into your locker is beyond me. Also, why would I rip up your essay of I HELPED you?" I informed.

"Maybe because you hate me? You've always hated me since the day I arrived here!" And she stormed off. There was a silence until Ian randomly said, "Girls."

Then things got serious. Mom walked in.

"What happened? Can't leave you alone for two minutes before you two start arguing." she sighed and left. I exchanged a look with Ian, and carried on eating.

Lia's POV (I will keep to hers from now on! Unless you like the idea of change POV's)

I run upstairs into my room. Of course it was him. Who else could it be that hates me? Anthony said that if he helped me with my essay, it'll cost me. I looked out of my window. I never noticed how big the back yard is. I'll have to go check it out sometime. Right now, I need to sleep. What if Anthony was telling the truth???