Chapter 7: Subway Surprise

Enjoy this very interesting chapter... No worries, there's no sex but there is a little Fenix and a little Nash. Which do you prefer?

***************************************************************************

Chapter 7: Subway Surprise

"You know I hate the subway Mira. Why do you make me ride it?" I asked with distain and disapproval. Nothing good ever happens on the subway. Most of the time, people get an unwelcome subway surprise like a mugging, flasher or drug dealer pushing his shit on you.

"It's the fastest way to get downtown. Do you think I would waste two hours in a cab when I could spend those two hours shopping or drooling over hot dudes? I thought you knew me better than that." She responded with disapproval of her own. It was blasphemy to keep her away from shopping and cute guys. I should repent and do some Hail Marys.

"Whatever, but if I get flashed by some homeless old perv you are in so much trouble." I replied with furrowed brows. It was my attempt at intimidation. Sadly, I wasn't very good at it because she laughed it off immediately.

The subway was packed with rush hour traffic. People of all ages and walks of life jammed together uncomfortably. From the corner of my eye I spied a man staring at me gingerly. He looked to be a middle aged guy of average height and build. He had jet black hair and intense green eyes. He was not that good looking, nothing to write home about. He wasn't particularly creepy looking, but it was just the way he continually stared at me that was unsettling.

I averted my eyes, but still felt as though I was being watched. I kept looking back to him discretely. It seemed that his eyes never left me. Every time my eyes fell in his direction, his green eyes were plastered to me. It was starting to creep me out. I suddenly felt that this little shopping trip was more than Mira and I could handle on our own.

"Hey, Mira." I whispered and nudged her to get her attention.

"What?" She asked with an annoyed look.

"Do you see that guy in the black jacket? He keeps staring at me." I replied with a frown and nodded in his direction.

"He's not even cute Jade. Why would you draw my attention to that?" She scoffed, as if it was below her to gaze upon someone who was so beneath her.

"Oh please, you screw anything with legs." I responded playfully. She just scowled, not even bothering to respond. I thought it was funny, true, but funny.

"That's not the point. He's been constantly staring at me since I got on this joy ride." I explained. She surveyed him for a few minutes and confirmed that I was right.