Chapter 23: Dates and Disasters

Hope you all enjoy this...

******************************************

Chapter 23: Dates and Disasters

I was less than eager, sitting silently in Fenix’s black Charger and staring out the window as he drove the winding streets of downtown Albany. I wanted time with him, but I had no idea how this new endeavor was going to turn out. I absentmindedly closed my door and straightened out my too tight jeans and purple v-neck top. I wanted to dress for comfort, but sadly, I had no pants that I didn’t have to pour myself into. I desperately needed a new wardrobe.

We had parked on Broadway and headed up the steep hill of Columbia Street toward Capital Park. I was lost in thoughts of exactly what ‘real friends’, those who didn’t sleep with each other, did on a friends date but sadly, I didn’t have many of those except for Alec and we rarely went out alone together. So I had no idea what to expect today. Would we fight? Would he be terrible to me or kind? I decided that this may be the only time I would have to ask him a few questions I was dying to get the answers to, so I rummaged through my brain to pull out the most important ones.

“How old are you anyway?” I questioned curiously. He really didn’t look old enough to be a professor, but clearly he must have been older, otherwise he wouldn’t have been teaching. It was something I always wondered about, but never had the nerve to ask. Since we were friendly now, I suppose it’s not too forward.

“I’m 35.” Fenix replied casually, as if it meant nothing at all to be more than ten years older than me.

“What? Are you fucking kidding me? You’re an old freaking man!” I shrieked a bit louder than I had intended, but I was thoroughly surprised by his answer. He may be old, but he was still fucking hot! I guess he did like his women younger too. However, I was shocked even further by the raucous laughter that erupted from beside me in reaction to my response. Was he laughing at me now?

“I’m not serious Jade. Calm down. I just turned 25 last month.” He replied with an amused smile. What the hell? Why did he do that to me? Asshole!  I was a little relieved though, because at least a four year age difference is manageable. Not that there is anything to manage.

“Asshole.” I responded both playfully and seriously. He was still shaking gently from the laughter and I really wanted to slap the shit out of him, so I did. I smacked his chest hard and glared at him. Things were going so well, note the sarcasm.

“Why so abusive?” He questioned, but not angrily. He had a sexy smirk and a look of pride on his face.

“Because…  you like it rough bad boy.” I commented slyly, turning the tide of the conversation toward a more sexual tone. It was inevitable. There was no way innuendos were going to stay out of our conversation. It just wasn’t possible. I had crossed into ‘more than friends’ territory with my comment, but the words were already spoken, so I couldn’t take them back.

Suddenly, his hands were on my hips and he pushed me not so gently into the brick wall of the building behind us. I was shocked and wide eyed when his body pressed mine against the wall and I gasped at the feel of his closeness, not to mention the alarm of the abrupt action. It had been a very long time indeed since his muscled form rubbed up against mine. I was both confused and filled with anticipation when he lowered his lips to my ear. This did not feel very friend-like.