Chapter 29

Y/n pov:

We set our stuff down and we went to the dance floor, which was the gym.

There was a thin strip of fabric across the ceiling and decorated balls hanging from the ceiling. They also had lights around the gym and all sorts if decorations.

We danced to pop, rap, rock, and all sorts of dances. A definite dance we all did we YMCA, cupich shuffle, and macerana. This was the best. And there was only a few chaperones in the building. They were teacher and some parents. I didnt see anyone that was eye balling me so I was fine. I still wanted to stay on alert.

Then a slow dance came on. We were sitting at the few tables in the gym and me and bf/n exchanged looks. Fortunately I can dance well. Marcel taught me.

"Do you know how to slow dance?" Max asked. He seemed embarrassed.

"At least one of my brothers knew how to dance. I know how to dance to a lot of slow songs. Come on I'll teach you." I giggled and held out my hand. Max took it and we walked to the dance floor. I grabbed his hands and put them on my waist and I let my arms rest around his neck.

The song was put your head on my shoulder. An old song my parents used to dance to in the living room. When everything was nice and happy.

" Like this. Just say back forth. Your feet shuffling a little. One step at a time." I instructed. Max did as said and he got it done. We both seemed to zone out. Our eyes on each other.

Put your head on my shoulder
Hold me in your arms, baby
Squeeze me oh so tight, show me
That you love me too
Put your lips next to mine, dear
Wont you kiss me once, baby
Just a kiss good night, maybe

You and I will fall in love
(You and I will fall in love)

People say that loves a game
A game you just cant win
If there's a way
I'll find it one day
And then this fool will rush in

Put your head on my shoulder

I did I put my head on Max's shoulder and he did the same. I love this song.

Whisper in my ear,baby

"Babyy." I sing. Max chuckled.

Words I want to head tell me
Tell me that you love me too
(Tell me that you love me too)

Put your head on my shoulder
Whisper in my ear, baby

"Babyy." Max sang back. I giggle and he swung me around, dipping me. I gave a little yelp with a laugh.

Words I want to hear,baby
Put your head on my shoulderrr

I was kind of sad the song was over. Max's dropped his hand and smiled at me.

"Thank you for being my date, it means a lot." He thanked. I put my hand on his cheek.

"Thank you for asking me. This was been a lot of fun." I thanked back. Max grabbed my hand and we ran out and got snacks. We sat across from each other. This was the best dance of my life.

I held Max's hand and gazed into his eyes. They were a hazle but also a mix of blue. Beautiful. His face had freckles and his hair was a brown. He had cute dimples and his teeth were straight and white.

"Guys let's take pictures!" Bf/n yelled. Max and I got up and went over among Daneil and bf/n. Bf/n and I went first. We did poses and were laughing through half of that. I put my hand in my hair and didnt smile.

"Model face." I told bf/n. She did the same and we leaned against each other. Max and Daniel toon pictures on our phones and then it was their turn . They posed like boys and strong dudes. Also showing off their suits. I giggled and took pictures.

"Okay now y/n and max then me and bf/n. " Daniel smirked. I stood next to max and we did poses.

"Max!" I screamed as he picked me up bridal style and he was laughing. I punched his chest and smiled at the camera. He put me down and i laughed.

Bf/n and Daneil went up and did all sorts of poses. Even one of kissing. I handed her phone back and gave her a look. She shirgged and smiled. We went back into the gym and danced more.

"Yes a two step dance!" I exlciamed. Max raised am eyebrow.

"So you take two steps one way and the trunk and go the other. It isn't very slow it's really fun.

I grabbed Max's hand and we did it slowly and and sped up. He got it quickly but kept stepping on my heels.

"There ya go!" I exlclaimed. We danced and bf/n and Daneil took a video because both of them didnt know how to dance two step.

"This is complicated!" He shouted and stumbled a little but corrected himself and caught up. I laughed and a sneer grew on Max's lips. His arms wrapped around my waist tightly and he dipped my downs dn caught my legs dn swung me around. I screamed and laughed. He was good at that stuff. He put me down and whispered in my ear.

"Walk over there and I'll caught you and lift you in the air." He whispered. Bf/n and Daneil were still recording. I walked over and gave a grin at max. I ran to him and jumped. His hand met my hips and he lifted me over his head and kept me there. My dress was perfectly short enough so my spandex didnt show. He spun me aroudn and bf/n and Daniel had shocked faces. He held me close as he lowered me. Our faces were close and our nose touching. It stayed that way and I cleared my throat and looked down.

"That was so much fun!" I exlcliamed. Max chuckled and we high fives.

"Attention students it is 10:30, the dance is order. Please gather your things and make your way. Have a nice night." Our principal said in a microphone. Groans echoed the room. Students made there way out and we gathered our stuff and exited.

"Best homecoming ever!" I shouted. Max put an arm around me and Daniel's parents waited in the car. We all got in.

"Who's house first?" Daniels mom asked.

"Mine, my brothers will kill me if I am not home." I joked. I sat back and max put an arm around me. To my surprise i leaned agaist him. His cologne smelled really good too. We chatted and sang to songs. This was so much fun.

"Ok y/n we are here. Have a good night sweety!" Mrs. Green smiled. I said night and exited the car but max got out too.

"Wait y/n I need to tell you something."