Chapter 19

Dimitri pulls down the long drive towards the parking area. My leg starts to bounce in excitement about having him here. He parks the car in the only open spot he can find. Why is everyone here? Saturdays are usually busy, but with us not getting her till later in the day I was figuring on people not being here. Guess I was wrong.

"Ready," I ask him with a smile.

"As ready as I'm going to be," by his death grip on the steering wheel I'm not so sure he is ready. Wanting to save the poor car pain I take his hand in mine and give him a gentle squeeze.

"Dimitri," his eyes turn to face mine, "you have preformed in front of thousands of people. Being around horses is nothing compared to that."

As I'm opening my door I hear him mutter, "you're right its worse."

I shake my head at his worry and cough to cover a laugh. He is being such a baby, but at least he is here and trying. Instead of waiting for him to join me I walk over to him and link my arm with his.

"Come on. I'll even hold your hand." He responds by glaring at me and I roll my eyes. Still with arms linked we head inside the club house and all hell breaks loose.

I enter first and am greeted with tables laden with food and most of the boarders standing around talking. Dimitri wasn't expecting my abrupt stop and run into my back almost knocking me over. The only reason I didn't fall was because he warps an arm around my waist and balances me.

"Skylar! We were expecting you hours ago." Randy tells me by my puzzled expression he continues, "don't you remember you said you would help set up the beginning of summer bar-b-q?"

No. "Sorry I lost track of time." Chuckling can be heard behind me and I elbow him in the stomach to get him to stop.

"Who's your friend?" Addison asks twirling her long blonde hair and trying to look around me. Why oh why does she of all people have to be here. Usually she skips the barn on days they are having parties. She thinks every male alive wants her and will more than likely try for Dimitri's attention.

The doorway must be blocking Dimitri from everyone's sight because if they knew he was behind me he would have already been mobbed. My eyes rest on a Steel Wolf poster on one of the walls. Randy is another huge fan and tends to play their music all the time. I'm actually surprised I don't hear Dimitri's sexy voice singing in the background.

I franticly search the room for either Vanessa or Alex, but they are no where to be seen. They both must still be recovering from a night out with the band. Shit.

"Aren't you going to introduce me? Or am I the dirty little secret?" Dimitri whispers in my ear. I know he's trying to lighten the mood, but I can detect a slight pain in his voice.

"No, you are not the dirty little secret," I tell him quickly. "Just trying to figure out how to handle this situation."

"Let me inside and I'll handle it." He nudges me out of his way and I try to stand my ground hiding him behind me. He says his next sentence louder. "Baby you are only making this worse." I melt when he calls me baby which allows him to push me through the door. Dammit.

As soon as we are both standing in the room all conversations stop and eyes fall on Dimitri. I glace over at Addison and she has an evil glint in her eyes. So much for a relaxing day at the barn. We will never be able to get rid of her now.

"Hi everyone," Dimitri tells the stunned crowd. "I'm Dimitri Brandt Skylar's boyfriend." He wraps a tight arm around me and kisses the top of my head. I turn to mush when he calls me his girlfriend. This is the first time he has ever introduced me as his girlfriend. In my daze I notice all the eyes are now on me.