Dimitri's POV (Chapter 33-36)

Skylar stands there not saying a word. Her pretty mouth open in shock. The longer she stays silent the more my frustration grows. I stalk towards her invading her personal space and repeat my question, "Skylar, where were you?"

At this point the worry is subsiding since she is directly in front of me and I can see for myself she is unharmed. I want to say all I'm feeling is angry, but there is a touch of jealousy. Who was she with? Did she find someone else at the hotel? My thoughts sound ridiculous to my own ears, but I was still energized from dealing with Ryder.

She flinches when I move my hand to the side of her face. What the hell? Just because I'm upset doesn't at all mean I would ever lay a hand on her. I've never hit a woman before and have no plans to start with the women I love. My anger is quickly replaced with confusion causing me to have whiplash. "Did you think I was going to hit you?"

"No," she stutters clearly not believing in her own word.

I take a step away from her hoping giving her some space will help her feel safer and run a hand through my hair. What did I do to make her think I would hit her? I rack my brain for any clues that would help me answer my question. When I can come up with nothing I speak. "Aren't you the one who told me in the past actions tend to speak louder then words?" I run my eyes over her face seeking answers, but her face remains blank giving nothing away. "And Skylar currently your actions are telling me you thought I would hit you."

She takes a deep breath and hides her hands behind her back, but not before I caught the slight tremble in them. "I'm sorry it's been a roller coaster of an evening and my mind is not all there." At first her voice was weak, but with each word she grows more and more confident. "Dimitri, I know you would never lay a hand on me in anger. I'm just emotionally exhausted."

She then stubbles against the wall causing my heart to rise in my throat. I catch her in my arms and pick her up. We have both had an eventful evening and need to get some rest. I take her words for truth because for the life of me nothing else would make sense. She rests her head against my shoulder. If she truly feared me she wouldn't be going limp in my arms.

I kiss her forehead wanting to put he last ten minutes behind us. "Ready for bed baby," I ask her even though I already know the answer.

She nods her head against me and I head directly to the bedroom shutting off the light along the way. I place her on her feet and once I know she isn't going to fall over again I start to undress her like a parent would a child. When I'm done I pick her up again and place her on the bed tucking her in. I walk to my side and undress before joining her.

I love being able to fall asleep and wake up with her in my arms. She scoots closer to me and I gather her in my arms falling into what is quickly becoming our nightly ritual. My dick awakens on its own from having a naked Skylar to close to us, but I know how tired she is and don't plan on pushing her for anything. Even though I am more then willing to do all the work.

"Aubree," she says so softly and out of the blue I almost miss it.

"What," I ask confused pulling myself back from sleep.

"Earlier you asked me where I was at. I was in Aubree's room." I feel like a complete fool for not checking there. Only makes sense she would be there comforting her friend. "Why were you so angry?"

I pounder her question for a moment not wanting to give her some bullshit excuse. Why was I so angry? Not like she did anything wrong. I'm sure my fear was the fuel to the fire. I form a complete thought and then I speak. "I couldn't find you and you wouldn't answer your phone." I tell her honestly not wanting lies between us. "I was worried something had happened to you."