🦋 dominic48 🦋

Start from the beginning

"library?" grayson repeats.

"yeah, i'm gonna need some reference material."

"reference material?" i question jumping in the conversation.

"meditation, yoga, combat fighting," she lists.

"that's not a bad idea," i nod.

"i doubt the library is going to be open," grayson says.

"we'll make it fun! apple, what do you say about picking you out some books to read?" soraya asks.

"yeah!" apple grins.

"no!" i tell apple. "no," i tell soraya. "we're not-"

"think of it more like a training lesson and an opportunity to gain more knowledge," she smiles.

"absolutely n-"

"great! grayson can grab meditation books. dom, you can grab yoga. i'll grab training/fighting/combat books, don't know where i'll find those but i'll make it work. apple you grab as many books as you want. matt is our getaway car," soraya plans.

"i want to be getaway! i'll go full fast and furious, grayson suggests.

"yeah. okay, and don't worry dom i've seen like two of the movies," she says.

"we're not doing this!" i decline. "and only two?!"

"matt will get the mediation books!" she corrects, yelling it up.

"hello?!" i question.

i really must be invisible.

"we have to learn. we've got to protect ourselves," soraya nods.

i sigh.

the last thing that i want us to ruin apple's innocence. i don't want her to turn into some cold hearted murderer with superpowers.

is reading books going to keep her from growing up? is it going to tie her to her innocence?

"i know what you're thinking. if we stick with her, teach her right from wrong, discipline sprinkled with a little chaos, then she'll be okay," soraya smiles.

"i'm right here," apple speaks up. "dommy, you and noonie are the best brothers i've ever had!"

"we're the only brothers you've ever had," i correct.

"you taught me everything i know."

"damn right i did."

"then let me have a little bit of fun."

"don't confuse illegal with fun," i warn her.

"don't confuse me for a baby."

soraya chuckles.

"the kid can handle her own," soraya points out. "can't wait to see what she can do."

"she's just a baby!" i scream, reaching across the table to pinch her cheeks.

"dom!" apple objects trying to move away.