Chapter 11 - Phone Dead

Look what we have here - a new chapter! read, comment and vote! I'm mad serious guys - I feel like I shouldn't be writing this since only a few are reading but I get a kick out of writing new chapters so Im gonna continue anyway

@NasyahLoves

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 11

(Prodigy)

"You called her again?" Prince asked.

We'd been back in the US for a little over a week and I hadn't heard anything from her. I'd call her phone, I'd call her office I would even call her apartment building but she still wouldn't pick up the damn phone! After the kiss, the cameras went mad and I had to fend for myself. Leaving the park wasn’t easy let alone leaving the country. I faced questions about our relationship and what was going on. I couldn’t answer any of them because they were too personal and I didn’t know what was going on myself.

"No Prince there's no point, she doesn't wanna talk to me"

I'd made up my mind. I was tired of calling her a million times each day with her rejecting my calls or lying by saying she was in a meeting.

"Bro, you're the one who's always saying never give up, fight for success and now you're just gonna bail out?"

"I'm not the one who ran away after I'd kissed someone like my f*cking life depended on it!" I raised my voice.

"Quit being an ass! Yeah, sure she ran away but you know she isn't used to this sh*t! She's usually dishing it out not taking it!"

Roc must have heard the conversation and walked in.

"Cut her some slack man, she's used to hate because of her opinions but she ain't used to people all up in her face tryna get a picture of her because of who she's dating"

I sat there in silence. They were right. I was being a stubborn asshole. The kiss was amazing. It took my breath away and I'm sure she felt the same.

(Nicky/Nicks)

"This is the fourth time this week Nicks!"

"I know! I really miss him B"

"You keep calling me saying you miss him yet you don't wanna do anything about it?"

"What can I do about it?"

"Erm hmm I don't know, CALL HIM"

"I can't!"

"Why not?"

I was stuck. I just couldn't do it! I'd been rejecting his calls. I couldn't face him - I ditched him as soon as I'd kissed him and I felt incredibly bad about it. The passionate kiss we shared made me feel like we had a connection that couldn't be broken. I could still remember the feel of his skin when I intertwined my fingers delicately around his neck, diving straight into the deep end by making the first move. Once I had delved into the kiss, there was no turning back. Crashing my lips onto his was a big risk and I was glad I took that chance.

"Look, if you're too scared to speak to him face-to-face, direct message him on Twitter"

"Blyss, you know that's not the way I do things! I would call him but I wouldn't know what to say"

"I'm just kidding! And you could always congratulate him on their Grammy nod"

"That reminds me, I need to finish my blog post on the nominations for the Grammys. I'll call him when I'm done"

"Finally! Call me when you've spoken to him I wanna know every single detail"

"Of course. Bye B"

I turned on my Mac and opened the document containing the semi-finished blog post.

 ...If you ask me, the one person who doesn't deserve to be in any category is 2 Chainz. Reason? I DON'T LIKE HIM. People are always talking about how hip-hop and rap are dead well guess who killed them? HIM. Okay maybe not by himself, but people like him are killing it by making songs that consist of the three words "big booty h*e" now, I respect every "musician" in their own right however, The Grammy Awards are beginning to lose all credibility.

On a brighter note, some of The Rhymer's favourite artists have received one or two Grammy nods! Miguel is in the running for Song of the Year, Best R&B performance, Best R&B song (all for 'Adorn') AND Best Urban Contemporary Album for 'Kaleidoscope Dream' which, as you all know, is one of The Rhymer's favourite albums of the year. In other great news, our shining star has received her first Grammy nomination ever with a song we all know and love - 'Refill' has also been nominated for Best R&B song! You go Elle!

Finally, I would like to say congratulations to the men of Mindless Behavior for also gaining their first Grammy nomination for their song 'You're the One' in the category of Best R&B performance.

We're proud of Elle Varner, Miguel, MB and all the other friends of The Rhymer who have been nominated at The 55th annual Grammy Awards which will be returning to its home of Los Angeles and will be taking place on February 10th 2013 at The Staples Centre. We can't wait to see you there.

Nicky B

It was now time to pick up the phone and call him.

(Prodigy)

"It's Nicky!"

"Pick up the phone!" They all shouted.

"And don't be an ass about it" Prince added.

~

"Hello?"

"Hi"

“How are you Prod?”

“I’m good, you?”

“Fine, great... I umm just called to say congratulations on your Grammy nomination. I’ve actually acknowledged you in my latest blog post”

“Thanks Nicks”

“Okay, we need to cut the crap with these monosyllabic sentences”

“Monosyllabic?”

“Yes! Almost all the words we are saying contain one syllable and it’s driving me insane”

“Do you know what’s been driving me nuts Nicks? The fact that you haven’t bothered to return any of my calls, messages, texts nothing!”

“I’m sorry!”

“Really Nicks? I find that hard to believe”

“Listen, Superstar I-”

“Don’t ‘Superstar’ me! I’m p*ssed the f*ck off because you decided to kiss then ditch me! This relationship isn’t supposed to be real but the way you kissed me doesn’t prove that”

“Whoa! What do you mean it isn’t real?” Princeton asked in the background.

“Don’t you dare raise your voice at me!” She screamed down the phone, I could tell she was on the verge of tears.

“I have every right to raise my voice! Im so confused! This was your plan and you don’t even know what’s going on! Where do we stand Nicks!? Where the f*ck do we stand?!”

“You don’t think I’m confused!? I’ve been battling with myself for the past week!”

“Over what? Whether or not to pick up the damn phone?!”

“No!”

“Then what Nicky?”

“The fact that I think I love you!”

My eyes widened in shock.

“I don’t have time for this. I’ll talk to you later.” And with that, the phone went dead.