Epilogue A

(Nicky/Nicks)

Blyss' idea of 'a simple ceremony where love took centre stage' was much different from my own however, like always, she still managed to pull it off.

I stared into the full figure mirror examining my meringue Vera Wang wedding dress. Every stitch, Jewell and pleat perfectly added to the intricacy of the dress which just made it all the more beautiful.

I looked up to stare at my own face and saw my brown eyes looking back at me. Excitement and nervousness were present in my beautiful brown eyes. They say the eyes are the windows to a person's soul and judging by what my eyes read, you could say my soul was filled with anxiety, giddiness and was urging me to back out. I couldn't back out and I wouldn't back out because whilst a part of me was telling me I couldn't do this, a larger part of me encouraged me to proceed with this ceremony which would join Craig and I for all eternity.

With a knock on the door, my father entered.

"Nicole, It's time"

He offered me his arm and led me to the gates of the beautiful vineyard like garden where my family, friends and soon to be husband, awaited my arrival.

The organist's fingers floated along the ivory keys as he played The Wedding march. I walked in step with my father until we reached the first aisle where my mother was seated holding my beautiful baby, Naya. Our 1 year old was completely oblivious to what was going on and continued to play with her dummy.

My father led me right up to the steps to altar, gently gave me a kiss on my forehead and let go of my hand. I wanted to hold on to it a little longer because at this point, I felt like a little girl who needed her dad. I was stepping into uncharted territory and I needed my back up. I needed my father.

My father could read me like a book and I knew he could see I wanted to run. I plead with my eyes for him not to let go of my hand but his eyes told me, though it pained him to give me away, I'd be alright.

I took each step carefully, unsure of what lay ahead but with the assurance I'd be alright. Though slightly hesitant, the closer I got to the black suited man, the more determined I was to get to the top.

I reached the top and he turned to face me. As soon as I saw his warm chocolate pools, I was at ease. I knew I would be okay, I knew we would be okay and I knew there was no turning back.

(Prodigy)

The Wedding March began and all the struggles and problems Nicky and I had faced came flooding back. The original plan, Lucas, Gabby and Axl, the arguments we had - they all came back.

These memories caused me to ask myself if it was worth it. Was our love worth the challenge? Yes, yes it was. I could honestly say I'd experience everything that happened to us all over again if I knew it would still have the same outcome: marriage.

I didn't turn around to see her walk down the aisle as it was deemed as bad luck and I did not want to curse our marriage. I grew slightly giddy in anticipation of her arriving at the altar to stand next to me and exchange out vows. I couldn't wait any longer. We were so close yet so far to finishing the race of love - it was the final stretch.

I composed my self as I felt her presence next to me. I thanked the Lord that all was going well and he told me that now was the time - the time had come to make it official.

~

I looked into her eyes.

"With all my heart, I promise to love and cherish you forever. The Lord and those that are sitting here today, bare witness of me declaring my love for you. I, Craig Thomas Crippen Jr, take you, Nicole Celia Brookes, to be lawfully and spiritually wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health until death do us part"

"You have declared your consent before the Church. May the Lord in his goodness strengthen your consent and fill you both with his blessings. What God has joined, men must not divide. Amen." The priest said.

"It is with great pleasure that in the eyes of The Lord and the city of London, I now pronounce you: Husband and wife. You may kiss your bride" the priest closed.

Nicky and I gave each other knowing smiles indicating our joy at the fact we'd done it - we were one.

(Nicky/Nicks)

The reception was beautiful. Having an event planner as your best friend really had its perks. Having the reception in the grand ball room of The Savoy was an absolute privilege and was not in any way, shape or form cheap even after Blyss' discount which did still help a great deal.

I scoured the gargantuan room to see if I could find my Bestfriend and maid of honour but she was no where to be found. I decided to try the toilets instead. As I walked in, I heard a lot of giggling; giggling that sounded a lot like Blyss'

"Blyss?" I called.

"Is that you?" I asked.

Presumably out of shock, Blyss stumbled out of one of the cubicles, her dress askew and with Prince tumbling behind her.

"Hey, Nicks" she said with a nervous laugh.

I stood there in slight shock about what was probably going on between the two. Prince merely cleared his throat probably because he too was embarrassed.

"So are you two..?" I pointed my finger between them.

"You could say that, yeah" Prince looked at Blyss for confirmation.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank God! It took you long enough!"

They laughed.

"You guys are the perfect match - it just sucks that it took you this long to realise it"

"Funny thing, Prince and I have had a thing for quite a while now..." Blyss confessed.

"How long?" I raised an eyebrow.

"3 months" Prince answered.

"I'm gonna let the fact that neither of you told me go because it's my wedding day and I love you both oh so dearly. I'm fine with your nastiness as long as you don't do it in front of the kids or the families - got it?"

They nodded in unison.

"Good. I'm gonna leave you now - my husband is probably looking for me. Ahh it feels amazing to say: My Husband" I sighed.

"Yeah, yeah because you're married. now leave, Jake and I have some unfinished business" Blyss giggled again.

"Ew, spare me the details but don't take too long, our first dance is about to happen"

~

Choosing the perfect song for our first dance was a tough job. Craig and I both had eclectic tastes in music and could not agree on one song.

The options ranged from Coldpaly's 'Yellow' to Monica's 'Angel of Mine'

They ranged from Robin Thicke's 'Lost Without You' to Michael Bublé's 'Everything'

To call it a hard task would be an understatement. We finally decided on the one song we both knew meant a whole lot.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please clear the floor for the happy couple as they endure in their first dance" the MC announced.

"This song means a whole lot to Craig and Nicky. According to them, they fell in love to this song whilst I sung it at my listening party a while back so it's only right that I make this day even more special for them by performing the anthem of their love" She spoke into her mic whilst siting at her piano.

The opening chords to Alicia Keys' That's When I Knew put me at ease. She was right in saying it was the anthem of our love and I was glad she was willing to play it live for us.

"Shall we dance, my wife, the love of my life?" He held out his hand.

"How could I possibly say no when you asked me like that?" I replied with a smirk.

"Same old sarcastic Nicky" he shook his head and chuckled to himself.

We strolled to the centre of the dance floor and began waltzing to the beautiful melody of our anthem. Our family and friends watched on as we danced without a care in the world. The truth is, we didn't have a care in the world because all that mattered was our love.