Chapter 22 - The Hoax

Chapter 22

(Lucas)

Why the hell was everything going so damn well for the couple known as 'Nickigy'?

They came across as real and authentic so there was no way in hell that they were still following their original plan of 'dating' and 'breaking-up'.

"Axl, do you see this? They look so loved up! It's beginning to p*ss me off!" I shouted to Axl who was across the room.

Our office was split in half by a large glass door and at this current time, the door was closed. Axl slid the glass door open and entered my half of the office.

"I know what you mean, it's really getting under my skin" he said plopping is arse in one of the chairs opposite my desk.

My eyes skim read article after article gushing about Nicky and Prodigy's new found love.

"Lucas, if you don't mind me asking: what is your motive behind ruining Nicky? I mean, I know mine is to finally get one over her but what's yours?"

I stopped what I was doing and looked up at Axl who was determined to get an answer out of me.

"No comment." I simply replied and returned to quick skimming the article I was reading.

"Seriously Luke, why are you doing this? Why are you helping me?" Axl asked again.

"I'm helping you because you're my friend and colleague" I replied.

"Ha!" Axl laughed.

"What?" I looked up.

"The Lucas Watson I know would never do anything unless there was some sort of personal gain" Axl scoffed.

He was right. I didn't do anything that didn't benefit me which was exactly why I dated Nicky a few years back. I dated her because she was finding her footing in the journalistic industry. She wasn't even 30 yet and she was already head of a large corporation that was constantly growing. With all this coming into play, you can imagine that Nicky started early- really early. At the age of 13, Nicky ran her own nationwide famous blog which was the reason as to why I dated her.

"In all honesty Axl, I'm not entirely sure as to why I'm helping you. Maybe it's because I get a certain thrill out of annoying Nicole Brookes - the type of thrill I can't get from anything else. This type of thrill is the kind that can only come from the ultimate source and surpasses any other sort of thrill. I'm talking, better than winning the lottery! Better than c*mming after having sex for 3 straight hours type of thrill!"

By now, I was walking round my half of the office trying to explain how amazing it felt to p*ss Nicky off into oblivion.

"Better than sex? Really, Lucas? Really?" Axl raised an eyebrow at me.

"Okay, not as good as sex but definitely a close second" I corrected myself.

I quickly scrambled back to my computer and opened Twitter and the web page for Muse.

"What are you doing?" Axl asked getting out of his seat to peer at my computer.

"Something we should have done a long time ago: reveal to the world just how sneaky Nicky B really is"

I chose to upload a file to Muse's website.

The computer screen read:

Uploading: The Phone Conversation.mp3

"Just a few seconds left" I mumbled.

Upload Complete

I switched to the twitter tab.

@NickyB & @Prodigy So the 'It' couple is doing well and going strong eh? But what if I told you it was all a big lie? Don't believe me? Listen here

muse.com/the-phone-conversation/wfshdnsjwgsbrhdg

"Lucas Watson, you are an arsehole" Axl stood back and applauded.

"What can I say?" I smirked and watched the drama unfold.

(Nicky)

"So what are you gonna be cooking for me, Superstar?" I called from the living room into the kitchen.

"I prefer to be called Chef Superstar" he poked his head through the door frame.

"Haha, whatever" I laughed he retreated back to the kitchen.

My phone rung and Blyss' name flashed across the screen.

"Yo Blyss! What it do?" I said in my fail of an American accent.

"Nicky! You are screwed!"

"What? Blyss, what's going on?"

"Log onto twitter, NOW"

I could sense the urgency in her voice. I picked my Mac off the coffee table and did as I was told. Upon logging in, thousands of mentions began to come in at once.

The first one I read said:

@NickyB & @Prodigy are liars! How the hell could they spit to the world that they are dating when it's all just one big lie?'

Most of the tweets I saw went along those lines.

"What the hell are they talking about?!" I asked Blyss.

"Lucas-"

I cut her off.

"I think I've found what they're on about"

I opened the link that was embedded in a tweet Lucas had mentioned Prod and myself in.

"Oh. My. God" I whispered in shock.

Just as I whispered this, Prodigy burst into the room with fury bubbling in his eyes and breathing heavily whilst screaming down the phone.

"Nina, I don't care what you have to do! Just fix this!" he hung up and threw himself next to me on the sofa. He sighed and put his head in his hands.

"Nicky, what are you going to do? I swear, when I get my hands on him and gonna beat the sh*t out of him!" Blyss said to me.

"I'm going to tell the truth" I said with a sigh.

"The truth?!" she asked.

"But that means actually admitting to the original plan!" she half screamed.

"I know, I know but I'm not going to sit here and watch it play out. Lucas and Axl are expecting me and Prod to sit back and do absolutely nothing. If he thinks I'm a beast on paper, he isn't gonna want to see me face-to-face. Trust me Blyss, he doesn't know what's coming"

~

(The next day)

E! News' leading story the next day was 'Nickigy: The Hoax' . #TheHoax even managed to trend worldwide so I decided to take to my blog to clear the air:

Hello everyone, I'd just like to confirm the allegations made about the relationship between the lead singer of Mindless Behavior, Prodigy, and myself. What you heard in the audio posted by Muse Magazine was 100% true and yes, that was the original plan. However, this plan has been out of effect since late November and Prodigy and I have actually developed feelings for each other.

Now, as most of you know, I am not one to explain my actions to people as it is part of my nature but in this case, I feel it is necessary.

Prodigy and I agreed to follow that plan because it was the only way we could ensure that there would not be anything to come out of the pictures taken of us in October outside of a Starbucks in London. Whilst carrying out this plan, one thing led to another and we both decided to abandon it and carry on as a real couple because we began to catch feelings for each other.

I won't go into detail about the way I feel about him or how he feels about me because quite frankly, that isn't any of your business. All I would like to say is that we both feel what we did was the right thing to do and we are being 100% truthful that we didn't do this just to mess with the world. We are sorry if it did cause any emotional distress but hey, why should we let our love lives affect yours?

Besides that, I'd just like to commend Lucas Watson and Axl Rose who have reached an all time low. I'd like to remind the two that Phone Hacking is illegal in Great Britain and unfortunately (for them), my lawyer will be contacting them in the next few days. It'll truly be a shame to see my biggest competition (not) fall off the radar. I'll be expecting money in my bank account within the next few months.

With all that said, I must depart and continue on with my life.

Your Critic, Nicky B

I posted my 'apology' and shut down my Mac. Lucas and Axl did not know that there was more to come their way.

-------------------------------------------

Hey all, how are you? well, I'd just like to say I was a little upset with the amount of comments I got last chapter but hey, it's whatever :(( stay posted for the next chapter which will hopefully be on time next week hehehe (if you havent realised, I post on fridays)

Note for Silesia: I know Blyss threatened to beat Lucas' arse but if she fails (which she won't) feel free to hop in the story and kill all the bad people

Keep on reading, keep on voting, keep on commenting and keep on loving

@NasyahLoves