Chapter 26 - Euphoria

Chapter 26

(Nicky)

"What do you mean you said 'no'?!" Blyss was screaming down the phone to me. She was so loud; I swear I could hear her tonsils rattling with rage.

"I mean: I said no"

I was currently sitting on the neat white sheets that belonged to our-- my bed. My refusal to his proposal had left him in distraught and had caused him to leave me in this beautiful villa all by myself.

"He's the love of your life, Nicky! How did you refuse a proposal from the love of your life?!" Again, she was screaming down the phone.

"Blyss, I love him with all my heart, I truly and honestly do but marriage? It's a little too early, don't you think?"

"But Nicky, he loves you!" She whined.

"If he loves me enough to want to marry me now, he'll be able to love me for a few months or, better yet, a few years more. Marriage has never been on my agenda at the age of 23. Come on, B, you know it's too early"

Blyss sat on the other side of the phone in silence.

"Look, Nicky, I totally understand what you're saying but can you imagine how Prod must feel?" Blyss questioned.

Actually, I could. In fact, I had received an earful from him.

"What the f*ck, Nicky?!" He gently pushed me off of his chest and rose from the sand in one quick, swift motion.

"No" I said in what was barely a squeak.

His eyes morphed into dark black swamps swaddled with hurt and hatred.

"Don't look at me like that, superstar. We aren't ready yet!" I tried to reason but he was not having any of it. He stormed across the beach and marched back to the villa; I quickly scurried behind to try and calm him down.

"We aren't ready?! We've been through so much over the past 9 months I would have thought we had a special bond. A bond so strong, we could get married!" He yelled.

"Babe, it's not as if I said I'd never marry you! I just don't want to get married right now" he still ignored me and began packing his bags.

"What are you doing?" I whimpered with sad eyes.

"What does it look like?" He spat with spite.

"Don't go, please" I grabbed onto his upper arm to try and stop him from filling a suitcases. He walked over to the closet with me in tow as he tried to shake me off but I wouldn't let go. I was not going to give up.

"Get off of me!" he yelled again. Though I resisted, he pried my fingers free from his bicep. He was no longer in my grip: he was out of reach.

"Nicky, I don't think I can stay here any longer. You've just broken my heart and I don't really want to be around with someone who's broken my heart" his eyes formed into beady little slits so small, you could only see his dark pupils visibly filled with anger, confusion and heart ache.

He grabbed his bags, walked out and shut the door with a loud bang.

"He said you broke his heart?" From Blyss' tone, you could tell she felt sorry for me. You could tell she sympathised with me.

"Yep. And it hit me hard like a tonne of bricks. Like I've said, it wasn't like I told him 'I hated him as far as the deepest pits of hell to the highest of the heavens above' I still love him but I think we need to... Slow down"

"Nicky, this is YOUR Prodigy, YOUR superstar, YOUR Craig! You must have known he was gonna make THE move"

"The only 'move' I knew he was gonna make was the 'first-time' move. I never, in a million years, thought he was gonna make two major moves in one night!"