Chapter 19 - Realisation

Chapter 19

(Blyss)

What happened at the Grammys had a big effect on Nicky. It was all the press could talk about. Everywhere you went all you saw was 'Prodigy and Nicky' It had been two weeks and they were still rambling on about it. It was for this reason that Nicky became bitter. Not just blunt, but bitter. The way in which she wrote, was the same way she began to act outside her pseudonym. Nicole Brookes had become Nicky B 'The Critic' even her reviews became a little more hurtful rather than truthful. Describing the video to Kendrick Lamar's 'Poetic Justice' as stupid and having a lack of fluency rather than jagged and little hard to understand. She needed to stay grounded. Act her real self, not what she had become.

"Nicky, I think you should go home" we were sat in her living room supposedly having a girly night in but she was tap tap tapping away on her Mac.

"Home? I am home" she replied without looking up.

"No, I mean home Home" she needed to go back to where she came from where bitterness was not accepted.

"Why? I spoke to my parents like two days ago" she said. Again, not looking up from her computer.

"Nicky, you've been a bit... Mean lately. I think a trip to the other side of the river will do you good" I said trying to give good advice without forcing it in her. If there was one thing Nicky hated, it was when people gave her advice in a forceful manner as if they knew better than her.

"Mean? Oh please Blyss I'm just being truthful like I've always been" she scoffed.

"Yeah, a little too truthful. Nicks, it's gotten to the point where people are actually calling you the 'She Devil of the Journalistic World' even Lucas is saying you've switched up, don't get me wrong, I hate Lucas with every fibre of my being but he's right"

"There's no such thing as being too truthful and I've never cared about what anybody thinks of me especially not Lucas 'the b*tcarse' Watson" she was still typing.

"Nicole" she stopped. She knew I'd never call her that unless I was being serious. She sighed.

"Look, B, if it makes you feel better, I'll take a short trip back to my ends after I come back from LA. Fair?" She returned back to typing.

"That's fine. That's perfectly fine" I sat back and relaxed. I was at ease knowing Nicky was going back to Battersea. It was the only place where she'd fix up.

(Nicky/Nicks)

Elton John's annual AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party was incredible. It was a big party all in aid of a great cause whilst celebrities from all walks of life could enjoy the viewing of the Academy Awards. Emeli Sandé performed and people loved it - proof that she was definitely blowing up in America - thanks to the little bit of praise and credit she gained in The Rhymer a few months back. All was well and I was having fun until I spotted Prodigy and his so-called girlfriend. The sight of them just brought back the way I felt two weeks prior at the Grammys awkward and quite frankly, p*ssed off. But I didn't let them get to me. I casually sent a small neutral nod their way as we crossed paths at the Pacific Designer Center. Prodigy replied with a similar nod whilst his skank of a "girlfriend" looked baffled and shot me a dirty look. I just laughed.

~

Battersea was only a bridge away from Chelsea. I could see Albert Bridge's beautiful minute light bulbs aglow illuminating the surrounding cityscape. But of course, driving over Albert Bridge meant passing the gates of Battersea Park; The place where I'd finally gained the courage to make the first official intimate move, the place where we'd shared our first kiss, the place where I'd felt deep passion and electricity when our lips touched, the place I'd decided to flee upon hearing the sound of shutters clicking. I stopped reminiscing and drove past the iron gates as if they didn't hold any memories of my childhood and more recently, my love life.