Chapter 31 - Our Love

Chapter 31

(Nicky/Nicks)

"Surprise!" Everyone screamed. I tried to put on my best 'surprised' face to hide the fact I knew about this party.

"Oh my goodness! This is all for me?!" I gushed to add effect. I turned to Craig for an answer.

"Yes, Love" he grinned. I could tell he was proud that he managed to 'pull this off' so I decided against telling him I knew about it all along. All that mattered was the thought. He put in the effort to make this birthday special and that, he did.

(Prodigy)

I was living in ecstasy: A child was growing inside the one I loved. A child that belonged to me. A child that I promised to love with all my heart and soul until the day I died. 

This child would bring us closer. We would cherish this child and raise it up in faith and love. This child was the product of our love. A love that was so strong, it was unbreakable. 

As well as unbreakable, our love was priceless. Nicky and I had both strived for a priceless kind of love and after all the drama, we'd finally achieved it. Nobody could afford what we had, not even the king.

~

I let go of Nicky's hand so she could greet her guests whilst I went to find Blyss.

"Blyss, we did it! We pulled it off!" I gave her a hug to show my appreciation for all her hard work.

"Yes, we did! Well, almost, anyway"

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my brows.

"Whilst Nicky and I were making up, I kinda let it slip" she confessed.

"You and Nicky are definitely best friends - Both of you can't keep a secret!" I playfully scorned her.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. It turned out to be a great party and that's all that matters" she gestured to the dance floor filled with happy people dancing.

"It has and again, thank you so much for helping me put this together"

"Ah, don't mention it. These are the sort of things you do for the people you love and we both love Nicky. To me, she's a sister and to you, she's practically a wife - speaking about marriage..." Blyss raised her eyebrows indicating she wanted some information on the marriage situation.

"I actually asked John and Cheryl for their blessing last night and they gave me their permission. So it's gonna happen - when? I don't know. That's for Nicks to decide but she's gonna have to say 'Yes' before anything goes ahead"

"Craig, she's gonna say 'Yes' - trust me. Especially now since she feels closer to you because of the 'B' word..." Blyss nudged me to hint she was talking about the baby.

"I hope so" I sighed.

"Don't hope, just believe!" She laughed.

"Whatever you say, Blyss" I laughed along with her.

"You might wanna get over to the bar, it looks like your boys are tryna pull a Trey Songz and steal your girl" she warned playfully.

I glanced to see my boys gathering around Nicky.

"Thanks for the heads up, Blyss. I just hope she isn't drinking!" I laughed and walked towards the bar.

(Nicky/Nicks)

Summer vibes drifted through the Sunset Pavilion as the London sun set over the city. The room gave way to a panoramic view that just made me feel at ease.

My guests swayed and bopped to the penetrating grooves of Drake's 'Hold On, We're Going Home'. I sat at the bar, relaxed and watched my friends and family slip into a care free state. To see the ones I loved at peace was one of the best feelings ever.

Glasses clinked and people sung at the top of their lungs and moved fluently to the melody without a care in the world. The amber glow the sun gave the room was beautiful and put me in a state of awe and wonder.

"Nicky?" I turned to see Prince standing with Ray and Roc.

"Yes, boys?"

"We just want to give you a personal happy birthday. You have become like a sister to us" Roc began.

"We're glad that you and Prod are still together and are happy! Imma be honest with you, I didn't think you were gonna last-" Prince cut Ray off with an elbow to the stomach. I laughed as Ray squinted in pain.

"What we're trying to say, Nicky, is that we love you. Happy birthday" Prince presented me with a small box - small enough to hold a ring. I reluctantly opened the box hoping it wasn't an engagement ring.

"Go on, open it!" Prince encouraged.

Inside, there was a small broach encrusted with Swarovski Crystals that had the inscription: 'MB's #1 Critic'

I rose and gave each guy a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I'd grown to love them like brothers and I was thankful for my relationship with them.

"I love you guys, thank you so much!" They almost brought tears to my eyes.

I felt an arm slip around my waist.

"I hope y'all ain't moving in on my girl!" Craig warned with a smirk.

"Never!" Prince threw his hands up in defeat whilst laughing.

"Well, I wanna spend sometime with my Love so y'all need to leave!" Craig announced.

"Dang, n*gga, we're going! But before we go, Nicks, thanks for hooking me up with your girl, Lucy!" Roc laughed.

"You're welcome, Roc!"

"Cut the chit-chat! The faster we leave, the more time they'll have for some birthday sex" Ray winked at me then walked away with Roc and Prince.

"It was nice of you to hook Roc up with Lucy" Craig praised.

"I'd do anything for love" I gushed.

"Speaking about love... Are we gonna be making any love tonight? You know, get down with the whole birthday sex tradition like Ray said?" He said seductively. I punched his arm.

"I swear, that boy is a trip" I laughed whilst hugging Craig.

"Best believe he is not coming anywhere near our child" he pulled away and placed his hand gently on my stomach.

"Our child" I said softly. He gazed into my eyes and I saw flickers of excitement in his irises.

"Yes, our child" he took my hand and raised it to his lips.

At this moment in time, I felt incredibly close to him. Not physically, but emotionally. Though we weren't married yet, it felt as our hearts had become one. I cherished moments like these because they proved I was really in love with him.

"Do you wanna dance?" He asked.

He led me to the dance floor as Lion Babe's 'Treat Me Like Fire' resonated through the room. It was the ultimate summer vibe that just put me in the mood to chill out and let go.

I lay my head on his chest as we swayed in sync with each other to the hard hitting but soft beat of the tune in silence. It was as if all the people around us ceased to exist. It felt like we were dancing in a peaceful parallel realm that only housed Craig and I: Me and my love.

"Yes" I whispered softly into his ear breaking our light silence.

"Yes, what?" He mumbled into my hair.

"Yes, I'll marry you" I clarified. He pulled away slightly so he could look into my eyes.

"Why did you change your mind?" He asked me breathlessly. He searched my eyes for an answer.

"I changed my mind because... I love you"

He closed the gap between us and I melted in his arms.

I was glad I was with him, I was glad I was in his arms and most importantly, I was glad that I loved him.

THE END