Chapter 14 - Split

(Prodigy)

"Why did you throw a f*cking punch?!"

Nicky stood in the middle of our living room along with everybody else: the boys, Keisha, Walter, Kenneth and our publicist; Nina.

"The f*ck you angry for?! He was talking sh*t about you!" I stood up from my seat quickly but felt dizzy soon after due to the blow Lucas managed to give me the night before.

"So what if he was talking crap? I'm a big girl I can handle myself"

"Wait. So you expect me to stand by and watch MY girl be disrespected by a jackass?" I was confused - did she really think I was gonna let him say those things?

"He is not a jackarse-"

"You're taking up for him?!" This shocked me.

"No! Believe me, I hate him more than you do! He was only saying those things to get under your skin. He was provoking you - he wanted a reaction! How could you be so stupid?"

"Oh, so I'm stupid now?!" She was beginning to piss me off.

"Hell yeah! Have you not learnt anything from Prince, Roc and Ray's slip-ups from way back?!"

"Nicky you're beginning to piss me off!"

"Oooo don't punch her now!" Ray laughed.

I ignored his snide comment.

"Shut the f*ck up Ray" Prince slapped him upside his head.

"I'm pissing you off? What you gonna do? Go all Chris Breezy on my arse?!"

I was fuming. My breathes became more frequent and deeper. She raised her eyebrow. Hand on hip, head cocked to the side. Strong presence of attitude. I was pissed off but damn! She looked fine!

"Woah! Woah! Cool it!" Walter jumped in.

"Yeah, cool it now" Roc sung.

"N*gga sit yo ass down" Prince pulled him down to his seat.

"Look Prod, all I'm saying is, that punch could cause your whole image to collapse" Nicky said this in a more softer tone - she cared.

"Nicky is right Prodigy" Nina chimed.

"She's a journalist. She knows how they think" Nina added.

I looked over to Keisha, Walter and Kenneth and they all nodded their heads.

"So what your saying is, that punch could ruin Mindless Behavior?" I asked.

"In simple terms, yes" Nina said looking at her nails.

"Oh man, what have I done?" I put my head in my hands.

"What any loving man would have done" Nicky gently placed her hand on my shoulder.

"I understand you were defending me. However, you have to realise that now we are the "it" couple, every little thing we do is under watchful eye. The press will find something to say about everything"

I looked up at her. She looked sympathetic but she also looked scared. She snapped out of her trance.

"Well everyone, I have a flight to catch back home. I'll miss you and the LA weather."

She gave everyone a hug and made her way to the door.

"Walk you out to your car?" I asked her hoping she'd say yes.

"Sure, why not?"

~

We reached the door and stopped.