Chapter 3 - The Soundcheck

Sorry I took a little long, I just started school again so I'm currently trying to get into the swing of things so bare with me. ANYWAY, please tell your friends about this story and comment and vote! Follow me on twitter: @NasyahLoves

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

(Nicky/Nicks)

"No, that goes over there! Remember: that area is reserved for the press. Oh and we need the red carpet sorted. Arghhhh! Can't you people do anything right?!"I heard Blyss scream.

She was really freaking out about the party tonight and was making last minute adjustments. I, on the other hand, was quite calm which was weird considering I was usually the one running around telling people what to do but today, I was at ease.

"Boss, Usher just cancelled - sore throat." I heard Lucy say.

I spoke too soon.

"You're kidding me, right? Who on earth will be willing to perform on such short notice?" Now I was freaking out.

"Well, we could ask the latest artists who were featured in 'The Rhymer'...Hint hint"

"Mindless Behavior" we said in unison.

"Well, would you like me to call management or would you like to do so since you seem to have a special connection with the lead singer?" Lucy asked with a smirk on her face.

"Ha ha, very funny but I think I'll call" I answered.

"Okay, I'll have them on the line in a sec"

"Cool"

"What's this, I hear? MB is replacing Usher? Love is in the air" Blyss laughed.

"Please, just shut up. Don't you have young interns to be bossing about?"

"No actually, everything is going according to plan and I'm-"

"Excuse me, Miss Dumont? I hate to disturb you but the lighting people are still not here yet." One of her interns said.

"FOR F*CK SAKE!"

"B, language."

"Im sorry, I'm frustrated"

She turned to the intern and said

"Get them on the line - NOW."

"Right away, Miss Dumont" and he scurried away.

"God, Nicks! How can you be so calm? It's your party!"

"I'm calm because the best leaders are calm and patient in stressful situations"

"Well, I mustn't be a "good" leader then 'cause I'm literally about to die with this weight on my shoulders"

"You'll be fine! Now go whilst I find out if I can replace Usher"

And with that, she hurried away sorting out what needed to be done.

(Prodigy)

The party was tonight and we were all sitting in our hotel room discussing what we were going to wear.

"Well, since we're grown, we ain't wearing the same clothes" Roc said this like we'd forgotten we were 23 and 24.

"No sh*t" Ray said.

We all laughed.

"I think we should all wear black, with bandannas and-"

"Yo Prince, you still 'bout that "Punk Rock" life?" I asked. In total honesty, I thought it was just a phase when we were younger.

"Misfits forever" he replied with a grin.

"Oh hell nah! Ain't nobody rolling up to the party looking like some devil worshipper!" Ray furrowed.

"Aye! Don't say that! You don't see me calling Kanye and Jay devil worshippers because they're part of the illuminati so shut the f*ck up!" Prince retorted.

"Guys, chill!" Roc attempted to be the peacemaker.

I swear, for grown men, they could act like children and it pissed me off. At that moment, Keisha walked into the room with her phone pressed against her ear.

"Yes, Nicky. They'd love to perform tonight!...Yes...mmm...okay. Yes, I see. Okay, we'll be there at 4 for sound check...okay...see you soon, bye"

"What was that all about?" Prince asked.

We stared at her with interest.

"Tonight, you will be performing at The Rhymer Party!" she said with glee.

"You are kidding, right?" Prince asked again.

"No, I'm being absolutely serious. We have sound check at 4 and right now, it is 3:30, we're leaving in 5 minutes"

(Nicky/Nicks)

About half an hour after I'd called Keisha, the boys arrived.

"Hello, it's great to see you guys again! I'm so glad you were able to agree to this even though it was so last minute!"

"It's fine" Keisha said. "It's only right we do this for you. After all, you did feature them in the last issue"

"Yes, again thank you so much, you don't understand how grateful I am!" I was relieved they'd come to my rescue.

"No problem" Princeton said.

"Okay, now in terms of song choice, what are you going to perform tonight?" I inquired.

"Well, what would you like us to perform?" Ray asked.

"Hmmm, let me think. I liked your VMA performance last month - it was amazing - could you a do a bit of that set? Actually, more specifically, could you do 'You're The One'?"

"Anything for you, Nicky" Ray winked at me with a grin.

Prodigy suddenly became more alert as Ray did that. It was as if he was jealous.

"Okay, thank you" I said as I giggled. "Lucy, please take the boys' things to one of the dressing rooms backstage and Lorenzo, get them miced up and sort out lighting, thank you"

Lucy took their things to the back and Lorenzo suited them up for their sound-check. Blyss was still running around tirelessly whilst I was thinking about whether or not this party would be as successful as it had been in the past. I was really scared due to the fact I had a rival magazine trying to stir up a storm. Whilst in my thoughts, I was interrupted by a voice.

"Hi, you look deep in thought and kinda sad"

I turned to see Prodigy, standing beside me.

"What? Oh no, well yes, I am in deep thought but it's nothing" I waved my hand to dismiss the topic.

"Are you sure? You don't seem yourself" he pressed further.

Now, how would this guy know whether or not I was myself? I'd only met him properly twice - today being the second time.

"And how do you know I'm not being myself? We've only ever really met twice" I laughed.

"True, but I can say that the last time that I saw you, you had this glow but now, you look down"

"Oh you wouldn't want to listen, trust me. Plus, you don't have time"

"I do, I'm all ears" he flashed me a winning smile.

"Actually you don't, you have a sound-check to do"

"That can wait" he suggested.

"Prodigy, it can't. Tonight has to be perfect so please please PLEASE stop worrying about me and go and join your boys on stage" I pleaded.

"Okay, if it will make you feel better, I will"

And he walked away.

A glow? I had a glow.