C42: ☆Travel☆

Warm. It was the only word appropriate enough to describe the feeling of being underneath the sun.

Moreover, any simple person could've appreciate the early morning where the first rays of the sun shone from above the horizon.

And truly it was a sight to see.

For it was the start of a new beginning.

♤♡◇♧

Traveling light and traveling fast have always been her friend's most important advice to her because he knew just how much she likes to disappear during the night, going out to who knows where. Though in reality, she would quietly slip towards the village where there were plenty of people and eyes. She would have never ventured the forest for any other reason and it would have stayed that way too.

But that fateful night during the village festival changed everything. It was her recklessness that lowered her guard and she ended up paying for the consequences.

Yet the truth was, no matter how much she thinks about the events of the past, the blame falls on her because she was selfish. No one could convince her otherwise which is why she was determined to make this journey, alone if she must in order to reach her destination.

However, this wasn't the same as merely sneaking away from the manor and visiting the village. This was an impromptu escape that was driven by selfishness and desperation.

And maybe mixed emotions of guilt and shame as well as regret.

It would be a long journey. It would be tiring and dangerous. She could lose her life.

But did she really have anything to lose anymore?

After that betrayal and humiliation, there would be nothing that would stop her from continuing.

Failure equals death.

That person would have never stand for this. He would no doubt be ballistic by now, she was sure of it. He really didn't have the best temper but she couldn't honestly tell if that was true.

For being able to live thousands of years, acting and playing a role or persona would be nothing to that person. His smile, his kindness and his sincerity, it was all an elaborate act so he could use her.

He must've been laughing inside because of how she was naive enough to believe that someone like him could hold an ounce of love for someone like her.

He only wanted to use her.

And maybe he'd have eaten her if it weren't for her name. With her rare blood, he would have never hesitated.

She was lucky enough to be born from her family though she couldn't really call it that.

Never did she felt so unlucky and unfortunate ever since learning the truth.

How could he? How could he toy with her feelings?

In his eyes, did she even matter?

Or did he see her as nothing but a tool that he could use?

Did he even loved her?

A foolish question.  But Nao can't help but ask because it was clear now.

That she felt for that man.