C39: ☆Adrift☆

Hey, I'm still alive. So bulk update cau'z I kinda forgot. I was too engrossed on this new game and hadn't noticed that two weeks have passed.

This is a bit rush but lemme know your thoughts on the comment section below. Also 158k reads?! I'm so happy! Thank you so much!

♤♡◇♧

"Muzan is the progenitor? Muzan is the 'Original Demon'?" Nao asked almost inaudibly.

She slowly glanced at him, her eyes watering.

"Is Muzan the progenitor of all demons?" Nao asked him, her lips trembling at what his answer could bring.

Muzan's eyes burned her, his pale skin a clear reminder that he isn't really human anymore and that this person was able to live one thousand years.

"I am." His answer left her gasping in surprise at how easily he answered her question and how his answer made her stomach churn.

There was no mistake then. The reason why she lived the way she live was because Muzan, the original demon came from their family and Nao was a descendant of him.

She was too shock to process the fact that she was distantly related to this man. That she was actually in a relationship of sorts with her ancestor.

Nao's mind was swirling as dozens of questions popped up in her head, her chest about to burst from the onslaught of emotions that suddenly came over her.

What was this? Why was this happening? Nao cannot help but feel overwhelmed by this information alone. She was hyperventilating now, her breathing was ragged yet even as she tried to inhale multiple times, there was still an extreme lack of air.

Was that her head pounding? Her heart beating wildly against her chest? Why was her throat so dry and itchy? Is she screaming?

Nao is screaming.

And her face was wet now, from the tears freely rolling down her cheeks. Why did it hurt? Why can't she breath?

"Mimi!" She could her name, but who was speaking? Who was calling her?

It's suddenly so dark and Nao isn't sure if she wants to wake up.

♤♡♧♧

Nao woke up alone in her room. Her head hurt so much that she winced at the pain, leaving her quite sluggish as she tried to move but could only sit up.

"Mimi." Nao's head whipped around to the source of the voice. She felt her entire body freeze upon seeing Muzan. Why was he here? She isn't ready yet. Nao wants to go hide in a hole. It was cowardly but she was still not ready.

Why did she have to wake up now?

Nao wished that she was still fast asleep, maybe then she wouldn't have to confront Muzan so soon.

Seeing him just made her eyes water again. A few seconds later, her entire vision was blurry.

"Mimi, what is it? Why are you crying? Tell me? What do I need to do?" Nao doesn't register the hands on her shoulders or the blurry face of someone sitting infront of her. What Nao could register was how stupid she was and how she was so blissfully ignorant.

"Mimi! Tell me!" He was holding her cheeks now with both of his hands but Nao could still not see pass the blur. It hurt so much. What would she even say? What would he tell her? Nao's chest was so tight she could barely breath. Is the curse mark back? Was it there to punish her again?

Nao wants to stop crying, really, but the tears won't stop and her heart was so, so weak that the pain was intensified while Muzan was there, touching her.

He sounded concern too which was impossible and maybe Nao was just hearing things. Muzan is a demon afterall. He was the progenitor, the reason why her brother was suffering. Hundreds of lives were lost because of him. Those demon slayers, and even those who aren't able to wield a sword, normal citizens and innocent civilians, they died because of him.

'I want to walk under the sun with you.'

Nao's cry intensifies. Because why, why, why?

Why did she have to love this man of all people?

"Mimi! Say something. Anything. Tell me what I need to do. Who is it that needs to disappear?" That only made her cry even more.

"I want to go home." She said, her breath shaky and her fingers grasping the front of his clothes.

"I want to go h-home..!" Nao told him, hiccuping and through the tremors that wreck her body and the violent pain that made her wish she hadn't been so ignorant and naive.

Muzan was so quiet that Nao isn't surprised if he tries to teach her a lesson and tells her that Nao is already home with him. Did she really allowed herself to be manipulated by this person?

It hurts so much.

"So Nao-san wants to leave me..? You found out who I really am and now you want to leave me?!"

Nao shook her head at him.

"Muzan knew! You knew! You didn't tell me at all! And I trusted Muzan!" Nao shouted, pushing his hands away as she tumbled backwards.

"Does Muzan know that we were distantly related? That Muzan is my ancestor! Because Muzan actually knows that I am an Ubuyashiki? Is that why Muzan approached me? So I could be used against my family? And because I am a naive girl who was so fascinated of a demon who did not try to eat me at first glance?" She furiously wiped the tears away from her face so she could see him.

Nao wished she hadn't. Muzan's face was was so stormy and dark. Nao knows that he's furious but she can't bring herself to care.

Not when she's in so much pain and all those times she believed that she was happy with this man was actually just a ploy for him to use her. And they were distantly related too. He was her ancestor and she was his descendant.

Nao felt like gagging. Because Nao did love him and she enjoyed kissing him, being in his arms and hugging him. Holding his hand felt right and she felt complete while he was there beside her.

Her vision was getting blurry again. Nao wished that she didn't know. Why did she have to know? Her brother would be so disappointed. He would disown her from the family. Can she even face him anymore after all the things she did? She was a disgrace to the family and Nao doesn't think he'd ever see her the same way again.

What would he even say??

Nao's entire world was truly crumbling, slowly falling apart and Nao doesn't think it'll ever go back the same way it used be. Not with what her decisions has led her.

For she has betrayed her family and all of humanity, and all because Nao ended up loving a demon.