C26- ☆Slowly☆

Heian Period, in the late 700's

××××××××

It was the start of something sinister. Where her radiant face morphed into utter despair and she was face to face with what seemed like a dream.

And yet the body was warm and the tatamis were wet and soaked with red. A never ending red that splattered the walls and decorated the room.

The beginning of an end... when did it happened?

××××××××

"That smile on your face. You seem really happy."

Mimi continued her work, humming softly as she continued to cook.

"I don't know if I should be glad or not. But you look good smiling and at the same time it's kinda creepy."

He slowly leaned closer to peek at her cooking.

"Mimi-san, you're too distracted... Can you even hear me?"

A light tap on her shoulder made the woman jump a little before she decided to face the male beside her.

"Yuu-kun...? Ahh..Don't scare me like that! Don't tell me that you've been standing there the entire time?" Mimi asked in a confused manner before she placed the spoon down.

The male rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms.

"I've been here trying to get your attention the whole time. The first time I see you after coming back from that lord is you acting weirdly. I mean... you're smiling! It's so unlike you...and I don't like it. "

Mimi raised a brow at his statement. "Is there something wrong if I smile once in a while?"

Yuu, her childhood friend blushed a little as he awkwardly held his other arm. "N-No... I mean, it's rare to see you so happy. And you look good with a smile on your face."

Mimi placed a hand on her mouth as she tried not to giggle at his response. The male blushed even more as he covered his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Don't laugh at me!"

Mimi did the opposite of what he said. She laughed loudly and placed a hand on his head.

"You're too precious, Yuu-kun! You really need to improve your social skills. You're good looking and really handsome. You don't have to be so nervous and awkward when you have so many strong points!" She cheered.

"Mimi-san..... Did you just told me how pathetic I am in a nice way?" Yuu asked with a frown on his face.

Mimi chuckled a little at his accusation. She ruffled his messy white hair in an affectionate manner before placing both hands on his shoulders.

"No! You're the one who's weird, Yuu-kun. I don't think you're pathetic. In fact, I think you're an amazing person. You just need to believe in yourself more. If you believe in yourself, then you can make a lot of things possible!"

Yuu responded in a soft manner. "Does that mean you'll marry me if I try hard enough..?"

His question was said in a very innocent way but Mimi simply thought he was joking like all the times he asked her if he could marry her.