C53: ☆ The First Accidental Creation ☆

Heian Period

"I have waited patiently for you. "His words echoed, like needles penetrating through her skin.

"Why do you insist on making things difficult for me? Are you going to postpone until I'm too sick to move and coughing up blood? I did not know that you were such a heartless woman."

She gulped nervously and placed a hand on his arm, as if to appease him before speaking.

"Muzan-sama..."

Her eyes watered slightly and she looked as pitiful as a cowering rabbit. With her jade white skin, beautiful black doe eyes and small pink lips, it was akin to a little animal in need of protection. Even her voice was just as soft and smooth as her.

"Otou-sama fell sick so suddenly.. He is old and has no one but me to take care of him. I beg of you.." She said in a pleading tone that would make a person's heart ache.

"Let me go back. "

The man with curly black hair and sharp eyes turned to her with a livid expression, veins popping out. He did not look happy and his current expression gave off a huge intimidating aura that can make people fall on their knees.

"Foolish woman. What about me? Am I nothing in your eyes? He is your father but I am your husband to be. You will spend your future with me, not with him. Or were you simply looking for an excuse because you really don't want to be tied down to a sickly man like me? A supposed dead man?"

"Muzan-sama.. t..that's not it.. If you would allow my father to move in the mansion then we won't have to postpone the marriage.. I will be able to care for him here without leaving.." She said nervously. "I beg of you..Muzan-sama. "

She bowed, her head touching the floor to express her utmost sincerity.

The man with dark curly hair gritted his teeth.

'Do I really have to share you with a dying old man? Someone who is even in far worse state than me?' His mind told him, his eyes turning red from rage.

But the words that left his mouth were, "Very well.. Bring him here. After this, you won't have any excuse anymore. If you still dare to postpone this marriage..." His voice trailed off ominously.

She froze for a moment before relaxing. A shy smile bloomed on her face as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

".. thank you for your kind understanding."

His knuckles clenched tightly before he placed an arm around her slender waist. He silently watched the smile on her face, admiring it.

She was the only woman brave enough to be this bold against him. She was the only one who could smile like that after facing his anger.

Even though they were still not wedded to each other, she acted her part as a doting wife who would share meals with him, stay during his consultation and routinely give his medicine.

He was used to the pitying gaze from the servants who thought that he would soon drop dead because of his weak constitution. He was used to the stare of those arrogant aristocrats wanting to covet his fortune.

He learned to ignore the disdain he got from women who didn't want to marry a sickly man for a husband. Who would even desire to be a widow after getting married?