C41: ☆Escape☆

Tricking the Upper Moon Demon was easier than expected since his weakness for crying women was easily utilized against him, coupled with the fact that Nao managed to bait him with the fake information about the Blue Spider Lilies, everything was going as plan.

Though escaping the demon after she gets out is what's been bothering her but thankfully, Nao could wait until the sun rose then she'd be able to escape.

As soon as they landed outside and Nao felt the cold breeze hitting her skin, tears pooled on her eyes but she quickly blinked them away and maintained her calm facade.

"Thank you, Akaza-dono. "Nao said after gathering herself. They were in a forest of sorts and she couldn't spot anything that leads to a road somewhere.

"Where are you going to look for the flower? If it only blooms during the day, then we can't waste time. Muzan-sama isn't going to be happy if you're gone for too long. I am already disobeying his order for catering to your wishes. "The pink haired demom said.

Nao placed a finger under her chin. "The Blue Spider Lilies as I told you is a flower that blooms only during the day so we have to look in the mountains during the night. Places where the sunlight could easily reach is our best option. But once the sun rises, I'll be left all alone to look for it since Akaza-dono is a demon so we must make haste."

Nao felt bad for tricking the demon but if she really wanted to leave with her life, she needed to do this. Thankfully, it wasn't very hard to convince the demon as long as she never leaves his sight. There were others of his kind roaming around the forests so it would be dangerous for Nao be alone. She wasn't able to take that fact into account but as long as she can last till the sun rises, she'd be free and safe.

'It won't be easy. I'd have to find a village but if I move too far, Akaza-dono will notice. I really have to stall until the sun rises.'

Nao looked at the moon in the sky, estimating how much time there is to wait from the angle she was viewing it.

The moon is more or less exactly where the sun would be in the sky during daytime, except that the times on the sundial will be 12 hours too early. And of course, if you can see the moon, you can watch its progress across the sky and estimate the time in the same way that you would with the sun. Judging from her vantage, it would take Nao less than five hours. That was still quite a long time but as long as she was patient and careful, she'd be able to do it.

Despite being outside, Nao was still skeptical. She may have tasted a breath of fresh air again but she was still a captive.

Nao would not celebrate yet. She'd wait till she's absolutely free.

For hours, they looked around the mountain. Nao was too focused on escaping that she didn't notice just how easily time had passed by. Moreover, the pink haired demon was growing agitated. A lot of the other lower demons had been following them because of the ravenette who just happens to be a marechi.

He'd ended up killing some who crossed the line while Nao remained completely oblivious.

Nao really isn't expecting to find the flower while searching. It didn't exist. She truly believed in that though a part of her subconscious mind keeps nagging at her that the flower did exist because what else could have created the Original Demon?

It couldn't be a mutation. It might have been a disease and someone had triggered its effects. Nao made a mental note to know more. She would be ignorant no more but that's if she makes it out safe and alive.

Nao can just imagine what kind of scary expression Muzan would make once he finds out she's gone. He'd be ballistic and would kill anyone on sight.

And what if she was unable to escape? Nao didn't want to know the answer to that. She needed to make sure she escapes because going back is not an option.

"Woman!"

Going back would mean forfeiting her life.

"Woman!" The Upper Demon hissed out. Nao looked up, quite startled.

There was an annoyed look on his face as he stared at Nao.

"The sun is rising." And true to his words, Nao, for the first time after a long time, felt the beginning of warmth spreading through the left side of her face, gradually increasing.

"We need to go back." He hissed out urgently, taking a few steps back and remaining in the shadows of the trees.

"But.."

"No! Muzan-sama will be looking for you. We've already wasted enough time and you've been attracting far too many lower demons because of your blood. Leaving you alone is risky. We are going back."

Nao's eyes widened. No, that can't be. Nao doesn't want to go back.

"Hurry!" He snapped, outstretching his hand to her while trying to remain as far away from the light as possible.

By this time, the sun has finally risen from the horizon, encasing Nao's form in warm light. It didn't helped that she managed to get herself on the bottom of the mountain where there were fewer trees on sight. It meant fewer hiding places as well.

"What are you waiting for?!" Akaza yelled out, backtracking at an alarming rate because the more Nao stalled, the more light was creeping in fast.

Nao turned her back to him instead as she stared out at the rising sun.

"It's beautiful. "She breathed out even as tears began pooling around her eyes and they came rolling down her cheeks, a smile on her face.

"We need to leave!" Nao heard the male demand with an edge to his tone. No doubt he was pissed.

Nao moved her body to face him.

"Thank you, Akaza-dono." She told him.

'What is this woman saying?!' The Upper Demon thought as he backtracked some more, only to realize what her words actually meant.

"You!" He growled lowly, eyes glaring in fury at Nao for tricking him.

"Do you realize what you've done?!"

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me! You tricked me!"

"Thank you."

Nao watched as he screamed in fury before immediately disappearing from her sight, just in time as the sun was finally above the horizon, shining brightly across the lands. He must have gone to hide, Nao concluded with a bitter smile on her face.

She wiped her tears and slowly walked towards the foot of the mountain where she would travel towards civilization.

This was a small step towards freedom. Nao refused to rejoice just yet. She would need to find a safe place first, preferably a village where she could ask help.

"I'm coming home."

♤♡◇♧

So Nao gets to escape? Or not? We'll just have to find out.

I feel sorry for using Akaza( '_')