C9- ☆Demon Moon II☆

Nao could feel herself floating as if her body weighed nothing more than a feather. This weightless feeling made her feel relaxed for she has never experienced this before.

'When was the last time I felt free from my burdens?'

Nao contentedly kept her eyes closed without moving a single muscle. She felt so at peace that she didn't want to wake up or move from the spot where she was in.

"It didn't work. Why? What went wrong?"

"This isn't possible."

"Mimi..."

"Why..."

Nao frowned slightly as she distantly heard voices from a distance surrounding her. Who is it? She wanted to ask but her body refused to wake up and so she remained eerily still for a long, long time.

After much time has passed, floating in the place where her consciousness resided was becoming quite constricting.

Nao kept hearing voices. Voices of someone familiar that makes her want to wake up to see who it is from.

"Mimi.... wake up.."

Nao really did want to wake up but her body still refused to cooperate after she desperately tried to will her limbs to move.

She couldn't even move her lips or open her eyes which left her in such a vegetative state.

More time has passed and finally, Nao could feel her consciousness waking, could feel her fingers moving and her eyes opening on their own without much difficulty.

"Mimi..?"

Nao slowly opened her eyes, blinking slightly at the flash of light before they finally adjusted to the room's lighting.

Plum red eyes that were vertical like a cat's eyes stared back at her wih intensity.

She blinked some more before recognition flashed in her features.

"...?"

Something slipped in her hand and she looked down to see Muzan caressing them in a gentle manner.

"Mimi, you're finally awake." He told her as if he was relieved from a heavy burden before his calm disposition made its way to his face in the span of a second.

Nao breathed deeply, the sense of relief she felt afterwards made her eyes widened.

"..what...?" Her voice croaked as she breathed deeply again.

Nao couldn't believe it. She could breathe properly without much difficulty now which is a huge contrast to her previous state where breathing took a great deal out of her.

"Mimi.. how are you feeling?"

Nao turned to Muzan and she tried to sit up. He assisted her with the process until she was leaning on him. Her head was resting on his chest as she breathed in and out softly.

He placed a hand on her hair and gently stroke the strands that seemed far too long than before.

Nao stared at her long hair that reached her waist. It was sprawled carelessly against her back and shoulders, a direct result of her prolonged sleep.

Nao knows that her hair was not as long as that when she last looked at the mirror. Nao chopped her own hair in a similar style to her brother.

So why is it that Nao was staring at the exact same dark colored hair but was longer in comparison?