C13- ☆Truth of the Matter☆

☆Unedited lmao☆

Nao was not really surprised when Muzan told her that he wanted her to be a demon.

It was clearly obvious from the very start that he wanted her to throw her humanity away.

Their past conversations always held hints of his true desires but Nao pretended that she did not know because she wanted to trust him even if he's a demon.

"What does Nao-san think about immortality?"

"Immortality? Etoooo.... Living a long, long life is something I've dreamed of but not that long! I mean, to be able to live centuries and millennias without aging or growing up, is amazing and at the same time sad, don't you think?"

"Why does Nao-san thinks it's sad? Most humans would want to live a long life."

"Because it's just endless suffering. There are more disadvantages. Your family won't be there with you and you would be forced to endure the fact that they would grow old and wither while you remain young and youthful. I don't want to experience that at all. It'll be really sad for me because I can never die. Not only my loved ones would die but all of the people surrounding me would someday rest and go. And I would be the only one who would stay because of my immortality. I don't want that at all."

"I see. So Nao-san doesn't want to be immortal because she's afraid of being alone."

"Anoo.... That's not really... well, I guess it is kinda true. I don't want to be alone. Being alone is really sad."

"Then would Nao-san consider immortality if she's not alone?"

Muzan's continuous questions should have alerted her. Nao should have known better since that day but Nao was weak. Weak for him and she continued to stay by his side as if she wasn't talking to the devil.

"That would be tempting.. but I still refuse. That would be too much time on my hands. If I could live longer, I would probably travel around the world, eat different kinds of food and meet different kinds of people. I would try a lot of new things and experiment. I'd probably try to help people but then I would eventually lose things that interest me and I won't have anything left to do with forever as a time."

"Nao-san really thought it through."

"Of course! That's why I'm already going to tell Muzan that I would remain his human friend until the day I die. If I do end up being a demon, I'd probably throw myself under the sun before I end up attacking anyone. "

"Nao-san, if you do end up being a demon, I would tie you up and lock you inside my house so you won't have to do something so unnecessary."

"Ehhhh.... How mean! "

Between the way Muzan suddenly embraced her and the way he spoke as if he was truly going to make his words come true, Nao would have preferred not answering at all.

The day he told her his plans for her, was the day Muzan slowly revealed his true colors.

"I've never seen a princess before! I feel envious that Muzan has seen one."

"Of course. I am looking at one right now. "

"H-Huhh... No way. Muzan is not being funny at all!"

"Does Nao-san thinks I'm joking?"

"Meanie..."

"Nao-san is too cute."

"Muzan is such a bully."

"How old is Nao-san again?"

"Uwaaaa! Don't tease me! Muzan is being too mean!"