14- ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ɪᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴜʀᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅ?

Oh my god.

Painted on to the locker were the red bold letters.

Slut.

Whore.

Slag.

There was no way you could miss it, of course it would be the centre piece of the hallway. Like an art piece in a gallery to be admired.

Every word stung.

Why would someone do such a horrible thing?

I just didn't know how to react but I wasn't upset because I wasn't any of those rude rude things.

I was able to love who I want. If I wanted to be with them, I was no whore.

I'm worth loving and to keep beating back negative opinions is so tiring. I want to be left alone or be with  people who want to love and be kind, that's all I need.

Tears trickled down my cheek at the callousness of the situation. God why were people so cruel and mean?

Would it have hurt just to be kind?

The ever so familiar footsteps echoed behind me and I felt myself being turned and smothered into Darius' firm chest. Intoxicatingly familiar.

I inhaled to get rid of this negativity. " Baby, we've got you. Please don't cry."

Raphael murmured from beside me, " they are not worth your precious tears."

I sniffled in response, mumbling "I just don't understand why someone would do such a thing."

Like what did I do to upset someone?

And the ever so powerful voice ever so deathly quiet echoed in the silence " whoever knows who did this, should come forward. As for the absolute record, every single person in this vicinty must have been a culprit or simply involved."

I perked up at the sound of voice, to glance at the audience who was now, I realised, gauging the scene.

His words had a startling effect on them as they simultaneously reacted to his clear threat in his words. They knew of the consequences.

A boy stepped forward, unfamiliar but tall and lean. He tried to keep his head level as he gulped before speaking " It was here before period ended but I did see Natalie Burkes leave as soon as we arrived carrying something that looked like spray paint." He said the words, unwavering but slightly trailing off at the end. He brushed his hair back and stepped back away from the limelight.

Slight whispers resounded, as everyone murmured amongst each other.

Alaric only but nodded. " I believe it's lunch, no?" He sort of stated as confident as ever. It didn't really seem like a question to be honest.

He did that quite a lot.

At that as if he played the flute like in Pied Piper, the students dispersed as quick as they could, following each other into the direction of the lunch hall.

They knew what was good for them, not wanting to face his eerie wrath.

Which actually made me wonder why they were so terrified of him.

Even though, seeing him so composed and powerful, was actually cool.

I mean like he's a marshmallow, I really don't see how people could be scared of such a soft person. I feel like if I mentioned this in front of him... which I should cause he definitely wouldn't be pleased by it.

A little evil laugh resounded in my head and I felt my lips perk up at the situation. He was really fun to tease.

The hallway was now deserted and it was just us four. "I had a look at the security tapes from yesterday, I could only see a figure throwing a stone. But the stature and also the clothing do resemble a woman or perhaps a small man. But I do think it's highly likely that it was a woman. Ben found a anklet that must have been torn off in a hurry, the perpetrator probably panicked." Darius stated to us. His arm still tightly wrapped a