3- ғʟᴜsᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ

The abrupt ringing sound of an annoying siren was the first thing to forcefully push me out of my deep slumber. Last night- what was I thinking? Grumpily, I climbed out with my bed groaning its protest.As I turned back to look longingly at my bed, I could literally hear it sing to me " Come back to me- you know you wanna". With a huge amount of self control, I was able to avoid its futile attempts at coaxing me and entered the bathroom.

After lathering myself with my favourite strawberry and jasmine lotion, I was satisfied that I smelled absolutely divine.

Grabbing the institute's skirt and white shirt, I put it on. It was a bit tight and short. The school jumper next.

I posed in the mirror.

My long rich brown, almost with an undertone of red beneath the dark flowed perfectly. My natural curls flowed. For the first time ever, that was a result! My pale skin was decorated with a rosy hue and my sapphire blue eyes sparkled. I was lucky enough to have thick lashes to frame them but I grabbed my mascara to make me look more wide awake.

Opting to only moisturise and pamper my lips with lip balm, I pouted prettily and posed dramatically. Causing me to laugh at my failed attempt at modelling at my imaginary audience, I grabbed my backpack and went down to have breakfast.

"Good morning, I made some hot chocolate on the stove"Aunt stood stirring her tea with her back facing the countertop.Smiling my gratitude, I conversed happily while finishing my breakfast.

7.00 Time to leave. At that, my palms began to sweat. As we made our way to the institute in the red Honda, I began to conjure scenario after scenario. Soon after, I realised that I was making faces at the window and acting out a whole scene-with my lips moving.My aunt turned to look at me in barely concealed amusement and the car came to a sudden halt.

"Come on Julie," she coaxed me to my feet as I soon realised that I was transfixed to my seat with Auntie waiting for me to get up with the door open. When I finally convinced my legs to move and came to register my surroundings, my eyes widened and my jaw slackened.My mouth agape in shock. It was exactly like the brochure but even more magical up close. It was huge! A couple of students milled around, many of them adorning a fancy sports uniform.

"Oh my- it's so-so big" I managed to get out.  We walked towards the gate and through to a building,following the signature posts showing us the way to the principle's office. We came to a desk where a woman with white wispy  hair sat intently typing. Her eyes and presence was so grandmotherly. My heart warmed- she seemed so nice.

Registering our presence, she smiled gently. " My you look like a petrified deer- you must be the new student Juliet Nova," I could only nod in response. "Wait a moment- let me inform Principle Stevenson you've arrived," at that she pressed her intercom thingie with many buttons. Softly announcing our arrival, she showed us into a grand office. The interior of this place didn't fail to impress- it was just as grand and majestic. It was so clear that no expense was spared to design this place.

As I stepped forward, small step after small step, a tall man stood up at our arrival.His hair was a fading white and  his face was wrinkled. He was in his late sixties/early seventies if I was guessing but in very good shape. Clearly taking part in physical activity at his old age.

This caused me to laugh in my head- I never did any exercise.I was allergic to anything that required me move my body and I wasn't really good at sport when at school.I mean I was part of the picked last squad. My body did show that- my soft curves and chubby cheeks and Mr Tummy.

"Welcome to The Avalon Institute,Ms Nova," reaching out his hand to shake mine followed by Auntie. He gestured for us to take a seat and I sat ram rod straight. He seemed nice. "The next three years will be the best years of your life I can guarantee it. We have a numerous activities and requirements," he continued, his eyes softening slightly as he looked into my panic eyes, registering something.He went over a basic day explaining how we had to take part in sport once week and extra classes besides the usual curriculum based on our interests.