29-Space

I tried to keep myself as busy as possible, I decided to stress clean all of the windows in the house, did enough laundry for a week and cooked a chicken pot pie. I didn't want to think about what happened earlier, but I kept assuring myself it was okay.

I had to put myself first as much as I was infatuated by them.

It was okay.

As I washed my hands, I focussed on the background music from the radio and it had to be a sad emotional song. Of course it did.

My phone buzzed, interrupting my rambling thoughts and I carefully dried my hands on the tea towel and muted the radio. My mouth dried as the name flashed up on the screen and I desperately tried to collect myself.

"Hello?" I questioned, biting my lip nervously.

A flood of emotions erupted as the familiar voice on the other side spoke up. "Juliette."

I couldn't answer.

"Baby?" His voice was desperate as he waited for me to respond.

I breathed in, commanding a strong front. I can do it.

"Don't call me that." I answered, breathing in. "You can't call me that anymore."

Silence answered. "I'm sorry Juliette. I truly am, I know I'm not in any place to ask for anything but please don't give up on me baby, I should have told you but I tried to do everything to not hurt you. I am sorry." Darius desperately spoke out.

My voice wavered "Darius, you hurt me and I'm not strong enough to witness all that. I just can't-"

"I know and I respect your choice, but give me a chance to make it up to you. Just give me a chance."

"You should focus on getting the information you need, I'm just getting in the way."

"No you're not. Don't say that- you're never in the way."

"Please don't make it difficult for me, " the tears blinked in my eyes. "Darius, I need a break from this, I need to collect my thoughts."

"You want to break up with me?" His voice wavered slightly, I could hear the tremor in his voice as he responded.

"Yes at least romantically but I'm here as a friend......"

He scoffed at the word friend "I don't think we could ever be friends."

I recoiled at that, pain breaking my heart. "What?" I gasped out.

"A friend wouldn't think about holding you, kissing you, fucking you." The crash language made a shiver crawl done my spine as colour erupted in my cheeks. "You're my fucking queen, and nothing else. You deserved nothing short of anything else, but worship. Give me chance to make it right even if it is as friends." The disgust in the word friends was clear.

His words warmed my heart.

"Just friends. And those things you said-" I could never bring myself to say such things without stuttering. "You just have to hold back on those until I say so. "

The sassiness just came out and that made him chuckle. "Resisting you will be the hardest thing in the world, but alright."

A cruel part of me just wanted to make it harder for him- to make him beg.

"Alaric and Raphael..." I started out.

"No," he barked out, and it finally made me smile. He knew where I was going with this. The pain from everything had unleashed this new femme fatale side that I didn't know I had.

"I mean I did tell them I wanted a break but they didn't do anything wrong. They can at least you know just fufill my urges.." I teased slightly. "Bye Darius."

I cancelled the line, the confidence evaporating.

The music on the radio had changed to a slow seductive beat of "Expectations," by Lauren Jauregai and I continued cleaning, swaying my hips.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The semester break had come to an end as quickly as it came, and I nervously awaited the first day back.

Aunt had offered to give me a lift as she had a late start, the flexibility to her schedule was nice as sometimes I got time to see her and sometimes I had time to myself, something I desperately needed.

The first few classes went with a blur, and they were ones I didn't have with the boys but then came my advanced maths class with Alaric.

I walked to my locker to collect my textbook and my heart thudded as I saw the dominating, tall figure leaning authoritively, giving a bored glance to the passerbys.

He was waiting for me.

I slowed my pace as my heart thudded in trepidation, part of me just wanted to throw myself at him and part of me just wanted to run away.

Alaric.

My marshmellow.

His haunting orbs made resounding contact with mine and I could just feel the tension between us.

Was it tension from not seeing each in so long? Was it tension from the lack of contact? Or was it that dark tension of overpowering lust?

Why was I so horny? I could feel myself warm up, think innocent thoughts Juliette.

"Hello," I said as I came to a halt in front of him, as his eyes wandered down my figure, taking in every single part of me.

My air was tied in a ponytail and my uniform pressed to perfection with my makeup on point and lip gloss was freshly applied.

He nodded in response. "Want to walk together to class?"

"Sure," responding as I turned the combination for my locker. Grabbing my textbook, we walked in silence to class.

For once, I appreciated the intricacies in the lesson, I loved how difficult it was and how consuming. It diverted my attention from the beautiful man who sat behind me, his glance leaving a scorching blaze across my body.

And of course, time flew. The class came to an end, and everyone was eager to escape. I tidied my things as quickly as I could. "Running away?" a husky voice teased from above me.

I ignored the taunt, swallowing. "Can we talk Juliette?" I looked up and couldn't help but nod.

We left the class, his fingers clasped with mine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, surprise.

Let me know your thoughts.