6- ғᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀɪᴛʏ

"Oh, okay!" I replied excitedly despite feeling so miserable so. Following Alaric, Darius began questioning me about my day minus the terrible newsflash and soon, my mind drifted away, and I felt my usual happy self.

I couldn't believe how at ease I felt with them even though we just met. It was like I could trust them; I could speak about anything with them.

Raphael reached forward to open a door, the room was located on the north side of the school and it was dead quiet. It was a spacious room, decorated plainly. There were big sofas with comfy pillows as well as a big study table. There was a fridge and cupboard too and a huge flatscreen TV attached to the wall, it seemed to be a common room of some sort. Tidy and organized, I surveyed my surroundings until Darius spoke up " This is our space, we spend most of our free time when we're not in lessons," I turned to look at them.

"O-h,it's lovely," I complimented shyly. Why did they bring me here?

"You have a free now right before you can go home?" questioned Raphael, stepping closer to me.

I fiddled with my bag strap as I answered "Yes. This space is just yours,right?"

"Yes." Alaric replied,staring deeply at me. "No one else is allowed in this room. It was specifically given to us. Every student can opt for a private room if wanted"

"But now, you can come here too," Darius added, leading me to the biggest sofa of them all. Slowly removing my backpack, I placed it on the floor in the corner.

"Oh." That's all I could muster. "Thank you."

"Welcome." Throwing himself into the armchair opposite me, Raphael smiled. Alaric followed suit taking a seat in the sofa next to him and Darius sitting next to me. I inched closer to the edge of the sofa.

"So,"Darius began,leaning back to have a better look at my face. Geez, I was at the centre of attention and they surrounded me as if I was their prey ."Tell us about yourself ."

"Okay but there's not much to know really." I replied, wringing my hands. That was true- I was a pretty boring person, I literally eat,watch tv,sleep and repeat.

"That's definitely not true, you intrigue me and that's a first," Darius grinned, his eyes filling with warmth.

"Ok-my name's Juliette."  As soon as that left my mouth, I literally groaned in horror. Oh my goodness! Kill.Me. Now.
At that, all three boys laughed at the same time, their laughter melodious, deep and husky. I flushed deeper red in embarrassment.

Looking up, my heart begins to race and I could feel the butterflies in my tummy. I was taken back by their ethereal beauty and  the immense power that simply radiates off them.

Get a hold of yourself! Say something, anything!

"I think we've clarified that," Raphael smirked, "So where did you live before you came here?" helping me out but the amusement was still crystal clear in his green eyes.

"Up south near Thornthon Hallow, I moved here with my Aunt as she got a job offer," I answered.

"Wh-" Darius began.

"Wait! It's not fair that you guys are the only ones to ask the questions," I interjected loudly. "I want to know more about you guys too." I stammer when I get to the end of my short demand, patting myself on the back in my head.

Darius laughed, "Ok,ok, how about you ask one, then we ask one?"

I nodded enthusiastically.

"How long have you been at the institute?" I asked, pondering for a minute before asking.