17-Bubbles and Absence

The seductive murmur had butterflies stampede in my stomach. I ached from all the stretching from before, the firm hands massaging my lower calves.

Raphael's hands cautiously rubbed circles on my breasts, my lips quivered against Darius, trying to keep my moan suppressed. Perhaps all three of them combined had totally controlled my body. Every caress intense.

I swear these mind games.

Darius murmured against my lips quietly, "I think the bath's ready."

I hummed in response, not clocking his words as he pulled away hesitantly as the other boys followed suit. I whined softly, sitting up. The wicked smirk flashed my way from Darius had me blushing- I was so desperate! This was so not me.

"I think you should get into the bath before it gets cold." Raphael continued, offering his hand to help me up.

The towel and my pyjamas had been neatly placed on my dressing table.

"We'll see you tomorrow," Alaric spoke, taking two big steps towards me to, giving me a soft hug and quick press of his lips on my forehead. Raphael pressed his lips as his goodbye and Darius kissed my cheek.

"Yes, see you," I managed to croak out, smiling at the three boys who looked so irresistibly out of place in my room.

They left.

And I stepped into my bubbly bath, the faint smell of lavender wafting in the air. Giggling as I sunk into the bubbles, I squealed a little in the solace of my lovely bathroom.

Soaking in that heated water, feeling it hug every inch of skin so gently, breathing in the aroma of the bubble bath... it was my heaven... my mini-vacation... a place to breathe deeply and let my inner peace return.

It had come part of my routine to wait for the boys to pick me up, but they were often straight on 7.45. Not a minute more or less. They were shockingly punctual.

Sipping on my milk tea, I cautiously looked at my phone for a text message, jumping up to look outside my window. They weren't here.

"Julie, do you need a ride?" Aunt asked as she tossed her coat on, her makeup pristine. I looked up to her looking at me in surprise. "Are those boys not here yet?" she asked, her voice tinged with a little negativity.

"I am sure they're just running a bit late, I don't want to make you late." As I finished my tea, my foot tapped rhythmically on the floor. My phone notified me of a text as I was washing up. "Oh, they're here." I smiled my goodbye, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Be careful, Julie." She murmured as she hugged me.

As I entered the silver Porsche, it was surprising to only see two of them here. "Morning," I said, looking questioningly for Darius.

"Darius had an errand so he'll be coming in later." Alaric explained for beside me, patting the seat next to him. "You should be able to see him later." Raphael was watching from the rear vie carefully.

Not to be totally suspicious but there was something seemingly odd about this situation.

It felt like they were hiding something.

I brushed it off, they will probably just mention it later.

Our usual conversations continued, our banter and laughs. I was probably overthinking it.

Not realising, it was the calm before the storm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Darius wasn't there either in Cultural Studies, and I hadn't heard from him. Nothing, no text. 

And lunch came by and as I walked to the queue, I was then greeted by a seemingly sweet voice from before me. Her eyes full of friendliness and lips turned into a beautiful smile. Her hair flowed down in delicate black waves and her eyes a beautiful blue. 

It sort of didn't come to me as a surprise anymore, this school was full of beautiful people.

"Hi, do you want to go before me? I am waiting for someone to come." She smiled again perfectly. Pretty.

"Oh, thank you so much," I smiled back. She was so nice.

I brushed past her and she replied "See you later," which nodded to, smiling again.

I wanted to laugh at the phrase.

It was an Alaric phrase, whenever he finished a phone call with me, he would just say see you later and then that's it. No goodbye.

We had a debate once where he explained how one with a specific intonation meant goodbye and one meant actually see you later.

Confusing.

I smiled back, and went to grab lunch. Walking automatically towards our table where Raphael and Alaric were sitting.

"He needs to tell her," Raphael voiced sternly to Alaric, their conversation sounding tense. At the sound of my footsteps he looked back, his golden smile flashed in my direction. With absolutely no hint of that something was up.

Alaric was expressionless as he looked at me, nodding his signature greeting.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, looking at both of them.

Alaric spoke up, " Darius isn't coming in today," my brows furrowed.

"Oh, is he sick?" I asked in concern, he was fine yesterday but it could be one of those days where you suddenly feel really unwell out of the blue like the bugs just decide to make your day hell for no reason.

"No, he's fine, he has some tasks to finish." His careful choosing of the word had me curious. "Darius said he would call you when he's free."

Raphael laughed out loud saying "His exact words were to tell my baby I miss her ," I laughed in response, immediately relaxing.

We were in between lunch, me with spoonful of rice when I choked in surprise, with Raphael passing me water. "Look it's Darius," I informed them, with both of them looking in the direction I was looking at in surprise. Guess they weren't expecting it.

"I thought he had meetings all day," Raphael answered, quickly looking at Alaric in confirmation. His eyes filled with question.

"Perhaps he finished , I stand corrected he still has his tasks to complete." Alaric continued, taking a sip of water. 

His correction was odd, and what was more odd was the fact that he wasn't walking toward us alone.

What was going on?

----------------------------------------

Hello, update for y'all! Share your thoughts. Have a fab day!